Dynamic secreat based on encryption scheme for smart grid for wireless communocation

Project Abstract / Summary : Integrating information network into power systemis the key for realizing the vision of smart grid, but also intro-duces many security problems. Wireless communication offers the benefits of low cost, rapid deployment, shared communication medium, and mobility; at the same time, it causes many security and privacy challenges. In this paper, the concept of dynamic secret is applied to design an encryption scheme for smart grid wireless communication. Between two parties of communication, the previous packets are coded as retransmission sequence, where retransmitted packet is marked as “1” and the other is marked as “0.” During the communication, the retransmission sequence is generated at both sides to update the dynamic encryption key. Any missing or misjudging in retransmission sequence would pre-vent the adversary from achieving the keys. In our experiments, a smart grid platform is built, employing the ZigBee protocol for wireless communication. And a dynamic secret-based encryption demo system is designed based on this platform. The experiment results show that the retransmission and packet loss in ZigBee communication are inevitable and unpredictable, and it is im-possible for the adversary to track the updating of the dynamic encryption key.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : The advent of the smart grid concept, security has al-ways been a primary concern. Pricing information and control actions are transmitted via the information network. Various at-tacks such as eavesdropping, information tampering, and ma-licious control command injection that have almost ruined the Internet, would impose serious threat on secure and stable smart grids operation. Moreover, SG is an attractive target for various hackers with diversified motivations, e.g. unethical customers may want to modify their meter readings to evade the elec-tric charge; malicious users are able to extract the behaviors of household by eavesdropping the communications of smart me-ters (called non-intrusive appliance load monitoring);

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Knowledge institute of technology
City: salem
State: tamilnadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : car accident prevention using accelerometer and detection using sensors. We have used ARM7 as a microcontroller. We are detecting the head movement of the driver...
Currently, 12 percentage of basic pay of salary is deducted and deposited to Employee's PF account. If I am not wrong, this percentage mark is a fixed one for employees...
While accessing Whatsapp via Web if you are getting error "Trying to reach phone, make sure your phone has an active internet connection" along with "retrying in x seconds" message...
I found this guy skipping around on YouTube. He is amazing. Talk about ideas and energy. I wish he lived close by. I'd be over his house playing with him...
Hi..... creaters of the world! I am new to crazy engineers.com...