Dump the code in the Raspberry Pi

Greetings everyone
I have worked on 8051(atmel), processor.
in those processors we need to dump codes using a dumper.
The question is how do we need to dump the code in the raspberry pi.
My project is to control a small bulb or an LED just to switch it on and off,

and if i need to do that wirelessly how do i do that. i mean if i give an input using my mobile(android) i want that light to be switched off.
P.S : i am using WI-FI.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    vinod12345madhu
    Greetings everyone

and if i need to do that wirelessly how do i do that. i mean if i give an input using my mobile(android) i want that light to be switched off.
    Have you purchased Raspberry ? If you have then using simple USB cable you can load firmware into Raspberry.

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# as he is also interested in Raspberry. 😀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Well,I still haven't ordered my own RPi 😔

Imma tell you what I do in any Linux OS,I guess that will be same method used in RPi.

Back to question,
    You gotta download & install some libs files using terminal.
    -> gcc-avr
    -> binutils (i think this might be preinstalled)
    --> avr-libc
    and main bitch : --> uisp (This is MCU burner)

Assuming you know how to get .hex files.
    Now let's burn it:
    - use uisp,dapa & dprog commands to confirm the mC.
    "It will say something like "name of atmega mC" found. (depends upon the mC used)

- using "dapa" & "erase" command,erase the program.

- using upload command,dump the hex file.

Tada!
    Job's done.

PS : I am using cell phone atm hence typing dapa,erase & upload codes is pain in ass.If you don't know how-to do it then,I'll post it once i get on PC.But then you've to order me a Pi (just kidding 😉 )
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Bump!

(Off-topic)
    Finally AVRDude has been successfully compiled for Raspberry Pi.
    You can download gunzip (.gz) files from : #-Link-Snipped-#

Read this blog : Steve Marple's blog: AVR/Arduino ISP programmer using the Raspberry Pi GPIOs if you are not aware of Avrdude in Linux Environment.It doesn't really covers the steps to dump the code, but it will help you a bit, I guess.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    vinod12345madhu
    Greetings everyone

Raspberry Pi is a full featured linux computer - additionally exposing some GPIO pins. You can program in C for controlling LEDs. Being a computer, you can connect RPi to your router. Then you can access it as any other computer in the network.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    I have brought The R-pi and now i am struggling to build an android app of the same

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Earth to Earth. Homes growing as part of the earth itself. Eco friendly and spectacular homes that are marvels of ar(t)chitecture and civil engineering from various locations on earth: https://www.homedit.com/10-spectacular-underground-homes-around-the-world/
This little fellow with the torrid name, Onychomys torridus, is a real bad boy of the animal world. A real Don. The kind of things it does are unbelievable. Nothing...
Swarming robots both of fiction and fact are very common. One more swarm from Stanford University, working with NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, deployed from...
Hi, I work in an UK FMCG Company which manufactures Liquid Soaps.I have been particularly assigned a project to improve the efficiency of Liquid Soap Pouching Machine. The Machine runs...
My project is "Alive human being detection using mobile robot". micro-controller used for this project is pic16F873A. But inorder to move and control the motor i got coding in micro-controller...