Dumb lift (small lift for small materials) for household usage.

I am interested in building and installing a small lift (also known as dumb lift) in my house for vertical transportation of house hold materials such as:- books, groceries as well as materials for house hold usage and consumption.

Would like to know if anybody has made and installed such an elevator lift, and how to make it?

Replies

• RVignesh
    RVignesh
    well i guess making such a thing will be tedious ... else u have to think about this while the construction is going on
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The dumbest of them is just a pulley rope and a basket at one end. I have seen it used (Powered by the user at the top) in Tokyo.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yep, those are called dumb waiters. They used to be common in the homes of the wealthy way back. They were used to transport food & supplies between floors so the trays would not have to be carried up stairs & it also limited the visiblilty of staff. They are still in use today including electric powered models though primarily in specialized applications. A quick search will turn up some ideas & designs. on Youtube there's a demo of one built using a garage door opener.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am living in a tropical country with maximum sunlight, I have a large factory roof. I am interested in harnessing the sunlight for electricity generation for purpose of lighting...
I'm interested in making a yacht, any ideas?
heard today about CE and decided to join.......very new to this .......will get used to it soon...thanks.......sachin
Helo, anybdy thr pls help, am having a prblm with my miniprjt, itz cald GSM based accident detection. am uisng NXP phillips s 89v51rd2, n using a flasher called Flash...
Hello, I have a few accutron 214 coils that are open and I want to know if is possible using new wire to recoil the broken ones? What I think...