Ducati Monster 696 May Come To India

Indian superbikers may rejoice as Ducati folks are considering India launch of the famous Ducati Monster 696. The recent customer duty hike on 800cc+ bikes from 60% to 75% may see more lesser powered superbikes being launched in India. Hindustan Times reports that Harley-Davidson was the first motorcycle company to announce three new assembled models, including the FatBoy for Indian superbike enthusiasts. Ducati might follow up with their own entry level big-bike, the Monster 696.

Ducati-696-India

The Monster 696 has many similarities with its elder brother Monster 795 and weighs just 2 Kg less. The bike has 1450mm wheelbase, saddle height of 770mm, fuel tank capacity of about 15 liters and is powered by Ducati designed air-cooled, L-twin demodromic valve train engine which outputs 79 bhp peak power at 9000rpm. Since the bike's engine capacity is < 800 cc, it does not carry the extra import duty applicable on higher powered superbikes.

The Monster 795 costs about : Rs. 7,13,279/- (on road) in India, and I'd expect the 696 to be priced between 5-6.5 lakh. What do the experts say?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The only bike I ever rode (For almost 20 years) was a second hand Humber bicycle that I bought for a princely sum of Rs.200 (half my monthly salary in '62). Later it was handed down to my youngest brother-in-law.
    That leaves me out of any expertise.
    This is what that bike looked like:
    [​IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    😁 . That's much more advanced version of the bike.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    That is one awesome-looking ride (I mean the Ducati, hope you don't mind Ramani sir). Although if I had the money, I'd probably buy the Harley.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    May be this D-I-Y may prove interesting!
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    And interesting it was!! Brilliant college project I think.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1. How I can calculate the flow mechanics forces that operated on the wafer?​How I can calculate the stress, forces and torques that are permit to put on a wafer...
An aircraft should have a high lift for efficient take off and landing. During high altitude cruising, it will be best to have a low drag laminar flow of the...
Why we using the capacitors with MAX232 IC in a n interfacing circuits.????
Windows 8.1 aka Windows Blue public preview is coming in June 2013, reports The Verge. The next update to the recently launched operating system from Microsoft will be demonstrated at...
I'm doing experiment on time response specification,there I get a small difficulty,please help me ,I know the formula for raise time (Tr) when damping factor is less than 1,but i...