CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Sindhu Chowdary • 11 Jan, 2013
In our dual sim mobiles,suppose we are in call via 1st sim..if another person calls to the 2nd sim why cant that person hear the ring or atleast call waiting??i know we cant hear ring practically....but theoritically the two sim's are independent to each other and also each sim and phone are not connected physically...sim is just an interface....then what is it the reason that the service providers cant able to provide this compatibility to the mobiles???
@Harshad Italiya • 11 Jan, 2013 • 1 like
gwendollen
In our dual sim mobiles,suppose we are in call via 1st sim..if another person calls to the 2nd sim why cant that person hear the ring or atleast call waiting??i know we cant hear ring practically....but theoritically the two sim's are independent to each other and also each sim and phone are not connected physically...sim is just an interface....then what is it the reason that the service providers cant able to provide this compatibility to the mobiles???
Dual SIM capability is not handled by SIM provider it is handled by the Processor used in mobile. So there is no any relation between two GSM provider you are using. If your processor is smart enough to sense that there is incoming call on other SIM then they can give you acknowledge on same. In this case both GSM modem running in parallel (Samsung phone is example of such).
@Sindhu Chowdary • 16 Jan, 2013 do you mean that samsung phones have such facility...i mean their processors are smart enough to recognize another call on another sim?
@lal • 16 Jan, 2013 Not all samsung phones have this ability. Those phones termed 'dual sim stand-by' cannot connect to two calls at the same time. When at stand by they can recieve signal in both networks(sims). But once a call is initiated or gprs connection is attached in one sim, the other network will be disconnected. If the phone is termed 'dual sim active', the device will be able to make calls in both networks at the same time.

This gives information on all the dual sim varieties https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_SIM
@neha samant • 18 Nov, 2018 • 1 like

Is there any way that if i am using sim 1 and i am on call and any other person calls me either on sim 1  or sim2 then both the numbers say not rechable or switched off so that other person dont come to know that phone was busy

@Amol Jain • 19 Nov, 2018

It happens with Xiaomi dual SIM phones. But the other person does get a busy tone. I myself have experienced this several times. 

29.4k views

Related Posts

@Ambarish Ganesh · Dec 12, 2013

Microsoft is reportedly planning to revive the 'Start' menu in its upcoming Windows 8.2, a news that shall be celebrated by desktop users all over the world. Windows 8 had...
7.7k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Feb 18, 2013

I might be ignorant, but I've not found a convincing reason the Government of India is making it mandatory for almost everyone to opt out of cable connections for the...
10.3k views

@Prajakta Kelapure · Oct 12, 2016

The rectifiers are broadly classified into two types viz: Half Wave rectifier and Full wave rectifier. Lets discuss Half Wave rectifiers today. Circuit of Half wave rectifier: 1. It basically...
7.1k views

@Ashish Bardhan · Jan 6, 2013

Accolite comes for selecting students in campus for Computer Science branches (CSE/COE/IT/SE). Every single round mentioned below was an Elimination Round. Rounds- 1. Written Coding Round : There was a...
13.1k views

@Ronan · Jun 28, 2011

Hi all, I'm experiencing a difficulty understanding how the trapezoidal loads are distributed and how to shear moment diagrams are drawn for structural members subjected to trapezoidal loading. For example...
9.1k views