DSL : Damn Small Linux

Since back 2008 of it's version release of 4.4.10, DSL was an inactive project. But recently John Andrews announced 4.11 RC2. Well that's good move to resurrect the dead Tux 😉
The 4.11 RC2 version of Damn Small Linux contains updated applications & major bug fixes.
DSL is still very useful if you own very slow processor computer, like celeron or pentium 3 with around 128MB & above all it's distro size is just about 50MB.
It runs very smooth in Celeron & P3 processors with 128 MB RAM, just wonder how fast it gonna perform in your quad-core processors with 2 or 4 GB RAM.

Damn Download it from #-Link-Snipped-#.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've used DSL long ago to practice Linux commands. But then used uBuntu for a long time, not as my primary OS though. For anyone to get used to Linux DSL is more than what you'd expect. I'm still curious to know how people use DSL apart from using it for learning purposes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Softwares for RPi is increasing at very great pace. After several core linux distros like FreeBSD, NetBSD, Chromium, Puppy, OpenWRT, Marshmallow Ent. System & Aros, RPi has announced more than...
Please help me with the review for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
What up CEans, I know most of you would've watched Transformers movies (if not series). The quotes of Transformers are kinda motivating & funny. I will drop some of my...
Assume Earth is gonna end on 21st December.We CEans are very creative, so we made a very big bunker where all CEans will stay when armageddon happens(Bunker is safe from...
i am last year student of ece (b.tech) and i want to learn about automation (plc,scada & dcs) in 6th month training. which type of training is better in industary...