DSL connection in to a VoIP phone

Well friend, i have found that there are some technlogies available in market through which we can convert a simple DSL in to a Voip phone for international calling. I dont know exactly something known as PSTN switch is required. So how can i convert my simple DSL connection in to a VoIP phone!? If you have any knowledge please inform me about it.....thanks

Replies

• xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    This is a topic you should be googling about. Since it would take me or anyone else here the same ammount of time as you. But its a nice little thing to look for 😀

If you find sometihng, please post it here so more of us can get pushed into this.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    This sounds like what Skype phones are, right? They can connect to both PSTN and the Skype network. Not sure how they work, though.

Aztech makes some cool skype phones 😀 #-Link-Snipped-#
  • blue.angel
    blue.angel
    Vonage is a leading provider of VoIP internet broadband telephone services. Vonage offers VoIP calling plans to home, residential and business customers

barita_lola
    Well friend, i have found that there are some technlogies available in market through which we can convert a simple DSL in to a Voip phone for international calling. I dont know exactly something known as PSTN switch is required. So how can i convert my simple DSL connection in to a VoIP phone!? If you have any knowledge please inform me about it.....thanks
    Their is nothing big rocket science in it..simple logic is Asymetric Digital Subscriber line has a dedicated IP for its user,which inturn is used to give a Voice over IP ...like yahoo massenger PC-PC talk ,skype does...hope it clarifies your queries

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can someone explain the differences between a UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) and a Voltage Stabilizer used in homes? What are the typical applications of both?
The thread is very common in almost every MBA forum..and doesn't need any introduction. Just post in a word when u log in to CE!
hello.............
hi im an electrician and i can not program and dont understand any of this or the various options i am going to use a device which will use a...
Hi all, I am a bachelor in mechanical engineering. I am planning to pursue a MS in USA. However, I am confused as to which course I must choose. I...