Drink the juice and eat the bottle!

Looks as though recycling is going all out. Ice cream cones have been around for a while. This goes much farther. Edible packaging.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure whether I'll ever do that. For that one reason; I prefer having my ice cream in cup rather than a cone. I think paper cups are a better option as paper can be recycled; without cutting more trees. Why aren't more efforts being put in recycling plastic?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    I'm not sure whether I'll ever do that. For that one reason; I prefer having my ice cream in cup rather than a cone. I think paper cups are a better option as paper can be recycled; without cutting more trees. Why aren't more efforts being put in recycling plastic?
    For a while I did work a bit on that. The trouble was that a biodegradable plastic performs poorly as long time stoarage packs, especially for liquids. The other kind takes too long to degrade. However, that is no reason not to continue the work.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The_Big_K
    whats wrong in eating a cone icecream ? why would you prefer paper containers to it ?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    The_Big_K
    I read it somewhere that waxed paper cannot be recycled??? that includes paper cups I guess. Infact any food packaging paper.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    I read it somewhere that waxed paper cannot be recycled??? that includes paper cups I guess. Infact any food packaging paper.
    I've absolutely no clue. But if they're putting wax in it; then it'd be a no go. I think there exists enough amount of paper in the world which can be recycled to satisfy our needs of green solutions.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    I've absolutely no clue. But if they're putting wax in it; then it'd be a no go. I think there exists enough amount of paper in the world which can be recycled to satisfy our needs of green solutions.
    Quite right.
    The problem with recycling is that all factors like collection, segregation, cleaning, transporting and reprocessing are not fully taken into account. In some specific instances the overall impact actually led to a higher pollution.
  • Nachko
    Nachko
    Recycling is the 3d option. A few weeks ago I read that according to the priority the options that we have are: avoid the use, reuse, recycle, dispose. Even though I am a big fan of the recycling, I know that there is much more to be done for the first two options. For example, I would like to have all the user manuals for the devices that I buy stored in the HDD as PDF's instead of those printed totally useless paper stubs.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Nachko
    Recycling is the 3d option. A few weeks ago I read that according to the priority the options that we have are: avoid the use, reuse, recycle, dispose. Even though I am a big fan of the recycling, I know that there is much more to be done for the first two options. For example, I would like to have all the user manuals for the devices that I buy stored in the HDD as PDF's instead of those printed totally useless paper stubs.
    right, I as well feel, the bills when you shop can be smsed to mobile phones rather than getting prtinted on huge roll of paper
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    durga
    right, I as well feel, the bills when you shop can be smsed to mobile phones rather than getting prtinted on huge roll of paper
    not a very practical idea, to be honest, because somehow i think print-media cannot be replaced by soft-media
  • chinemelum
    chinemelum
    bioramni what university did you attend because it is as if you know all engineering areas
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I did my Honours in Chemical Technology (the last batch) from Andhra University, Waltair.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    zaveri
    not a very practical idea, to be honest, because somehow i think print-media cannot be replaced by soft-media
    Sorry dude !! In which century you are living?

In countries like USA, I have seen so many stores are already in practice of asking the consumers if they want a paper receipt or on email/ SMS.. 😁

Personally even, I do not take paper bills, if facility is available.

-CB
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    chinemelum
    bioramni what university did you attend because it is as if you know all engineering areas
    #-Link-Snipped-#

-cb
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    crazyboy
    Sorry dude !! In which century you are living?

In countries like USA, I have seen so many stores are already in practice of asking the consumers if they want a paper receipt or on email/ SMS.. 😁

Personally even, I do not take paper bills, if facility is available.

-CB

I AM LIVING IN THE 22th CENTURY TO BE HONEST ! 👀😡

USA is different from India. And i particularly had India in mind when i posted that reply. Here in most malls paper bills are still issued.

and for this sms billing system, you compulsorily need to own a cell phone, whereas this same compulsion does not apply for the traditional paper billing system.

Besides the sms billing system does not help you to maintain your accounts, because the sms would be deleted any now and then, but a paper bill is a solid record, which you can always file.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I thought that the stylus had had its day. Gesturing is in. The styluss is fighting back with a slew of apps. https://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203458604577265451077949064.html
The IPL season is on and it's taking over Absolute Zero : Moments of success in engineering college -
Hi friends, As we know we can send SMS from internet without paying money. I have some sites: www.160by2.com ->140 Characters are allowed www.way2sms.com ->140 Characters are allowed www.smsfi.com ->140...
Does anyone know the parameters that allow a series pass voltage regulator to drive large loads? ie provide a large power at the output?
Does anyone know of two ways in which a circuit could be modified to remove clipping? It is an Op Amp circuit with negative feedback.