Dream companies for mechanical engineers!

One of my friends asked me if I could give him a list of top companies for mechanical engineers.

So, mechanical engineers on CE, please discuss about your dream company and also post related information.

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    hey m not a mechanical engineer,but any automobile company is their dream company,in India TELCO used to be the one
  • Differential
    Differential
    One of my friends asked me if I could give him a list of top companies for mechanical engineers.

So, mechanical engineers on CE, please discuss about your dream company and also post related information.
    General Motors
    Fiat
    Geometrics (Developes softwares for Mech Companies)
    Asok Leyland
    Mahindra and mahindra
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Differential
    Here are some giants in Mechanical Engineering that work in India
    TATA Motors
    Thermax
    General Motors
    Fiat
    Geometrics (Developes softwares for Mech Companies)
    Asok Leyland
    Mahindra and mahindra
    Thermax - I guess its a dream company for Chemical Engineers. I guess they do need mechanical engineers for their plants.
  • Differential
    Differential
    Thermax - I guess its a dream company for Chemical Engineers. I guess they do need mechanical engineers for their plants
    Not really..! They build huge boilers, huge heating and cooling systems required for big plants ! and this comes under Mechanical Engineering !!!
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    hey in that case we can even put L&T,Autocad and so on
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What about ABB ?

One of my friends' brother works with ABB and he says its awesome!
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Well i love to be in Ferrari or Rockwell Automation or Toyota
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Any core company eg ABB, L&T, Punj Lloyed

Any Drilling company
    IGL, HP, BP, Shell etc

PSUs like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL etc

Automotive companies

Production lines

RnD cells like DRDO, ISRO

Marine and aeronautical sectors
  • kenny1010
    kenny1010
    authomobile company
  • anu_mech
    anu_mech
    As far as automobil;es are concerned
    how could you people forget ...""maruti suzuki"
    then of course
    TATA Motors
    Mahindra
    General motors
    Ashoka leyland

and PSUs, power plants, aeronautics, etc etc are always there
  • Utkarsh Srivastava
    Utkarsh Srivastava
    Can anyone please tell me that what are the sector's in mechanical industry a mechanical engineer can join other then designing sectors?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Utkarsh srivastava
    Can anyone please tell me that what are the sector's in mechanical industry a mechanical engineer can join other then designing sectors?
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# to answer this query.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Utkarsh srivastava
    Many. I work in a branch called Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), which is basically a people+product data management segment. I don't have to design anything by my own, but my work requires that I help other designers manage their data.

Apart from that, you can always operate difficult appliances, offer support and maintenance to machines, join a metal/material industry, become a distributor even (if you've got the means and modes, this could be a very profitable business), or join a utility industry like telecom or water-supply plants where you'll have to maintain and manage components.

There are just the things I could recall at the moment. I'm very sure there are more options to look out for. Will update this post as and when I recollect anything.
  • Utkarsh Srivastava
    Utkarsh Srivastava
    Thanks for the answer
    And yeah please update other info. Too
    Thanks a lot.
  • Utkarsh Srivastava
    Utkarsh Srivastava
    Thanks for the answer.
    And yeah please update the other info. If you get.
    Thanks a lot.
  • vivek sharma
    vivek sharma
    the companies which everybody has mentioned above are great but the problem is how to get in these companies because all they want is experience...plz tell gateway to these companies..plz #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

...and what are you doing about it? What steps are you taking? What's stopping you from giving your venture a go? I know most of you dream about being your...
You see the logos every day, right? Let's see how well you remember them 😁 [No cheating! Honesty is the best policy 😁) 1 2 3 4 5 6
CEans, On CE, we have a rock-solid bunch of most brilliant brains from all parts of the world. To keep these brilliant CEans engaged; we recently introduced a new section...
Discuss the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/3922-wanted-quizzophile-puzzlophile.html in this thread!
Hai friends.. I am final year computer science engg student,i need to submit my project title for final year project. me and our group members decide to do the project...