Dr. Abdul Kalam, India's Missile Man and Former President No More

Today is the sad day for all Indians. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, former president of India also known as 'The Missile Man' of India has died because of heart attack. Dr. Kalam was 83 at the time of his death.

Dr. Kalam studied physics and aerospace engineering at Madras Institute of Engineering. He spent most of his career at the DRDO. India will miss him and the void he leaves will never be filled.

RIP, Dr. Kalam.

Replies

• priyank bhardwaj
    priyank bhardwaj
    ya...what a huge loss...even the words cannot describe this...
    truly a bad day for India ... first that terrorist attack in punjab...then missile man.....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    His down to earth attitude will be remembered always. His last tweet, about 10 hours ago was -

Going to Shillong.. to take course on Livable Planet earth at iim. With srijanpalsingh and Sharma.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Can't express how sad it feels to know he isn't in this world. I still remember the auditorium thundering with claps at his rising up to walk to the mic. This was in 2003. More than 10 years back.

The amazing command in his voice inspired students like me by thousands that day. He had an enigma surrounding his personality and his work, his books will keep inspiring generations to come.

Big loss for the nation. Rest in peace.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    A great loss for the nation, RIP Dr Kalam!!
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    We've lost a role model of millions. Let's strive to make his dream of making developed India by 2020 a reality. Rest in peace, sir.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    He gave me personally the left over pieces of Chrome-Cobalt alloy from SLV3 tail fin for our artificial heart valve project. Th prototypes from those were the first to pass all tests. He continued his support even after he became the President. A simple and fine person.

Requiescat In Pace. May Allah let Peace Be Upon Him. 峁lla ll膩hu 士alay-hi wa-alehe-wa-sallam
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    RIP, APJ Abdul Kalam Sir.
    He is the one and only Public President and also only president that inspire a whole young generation at 84 years !
  • Vignesh Ananth
    Vignesh Ananth
    Great Loss to human society....
    Rest In Peace Dr.Kalam Sir.
    We assure your dream suceed

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Did they start the project? will it show high resistance to earthquake when compared to other skyscrapers?
I'm B.E. Computer Fresher and is looking for a good job in software devlopment. I know topics like Core Java, C++, data structures, SQL etc. I have following queries -...
Quote: Having just completed the 3rd year of a 4 year MEng Mechanical Engineering degree at the University of Sussex, RS Components intern Luke attended a workshop to broaden his...
Quote: Have you heard about Flowcode and E-blocks? Whilst they are superb development tools in their own right, their compatibility when working together gives engineers a truly world class solution...
hello all, i need some innovative/real time applicable ece projects ideas/links... please help me. is urgent... 2mrw i have 2 give project review.. 馃様 馃槙 help me