doubt-shotcrete

i am a second yr student. jus tried doin paper presentation on shotcrete technology. i still doubt if it is being in use in india. i tried comparing cost btween shotcreting and concreting also. but i could only scratch my head. i lost in the presentation as i couldn prove the comparison of cost. but i really want to know if shotcreting is cheaper than concreting. i could approximately prove tat the former one is 18% cheaper than the latter one with the known rates. for people who dono wat this technology is al about, it is the process of "spraying" concrete at a very high velocity. it has so many advantages. aggregate size in the mixture is less than 10mm and so much in it. as of now, ppl who r aware, pls answer my ques asked above

Replies

• @n@nd
    @n@nd
    someone reply pls
  • Abnish
    Abnish
    Shotcrete is a technology used in large hydro power projects like Nathpa Jhakri (HP) , Chutak hydro electric project (kargil)......
    basically shotcrete mix is sprayed through a machine called as CIFA-CSS II (Company name) to rocks in large caverns (Tunnels) for rock stabalization.

Shotcrete is costier than concrete .
  • Abnish
    Abnish
    Else u can get lots of information about shotcrete on Civil Engineer Forums containing topics like
    "Large hydro projects"
    "Hydro power technology"
  • @n@nd
    @n@nd
    can u pls give me an estimation? a simple one. even like buildin a small water tank.
  • Abnish
    Abnish
    For that u need some rates of following items:-

1. Material cost for Shotcrete.
    2. Batching , mixing and laying of concrete charges(Including Batching Plant, transit Mixer, Labour, electricity etc.)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Research In Motion aka RIM - the Canadian company behind the first lineup of smartphones has has given up to the Indian Government's demands. The company has finally agreed to...
This is something to keep you busy while waiting in queues , airports , train stations , etc. You will recall Jack Sparrow does this in first Pirates of the...
So Adorable and Cute @ the size of a matchstick's head! Source.
Hello all, For people in chennai, who are planning to buy GRE Barrons 19 th edition. I have a fresh copy of the book. I got the book to prepare...
Some freaking awesome stuff for PS lovers. ๐Ÿ˜