Doubt related to DC Generator

in dc generator it was said that if a current which we will obtain depend on the voltage and the current will not change even if it pass through resistor and depending on resistance of shunt connection it will vary.could any one help me understaing this.i am really confused.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    A current passing through a resistor only have an drop in voltage level.The fact that whether the current is constant or voltage is constant depends how it will be connected,Whether in series or parallel.
    In series connection-current will be constant and drop in voltage.In parralel connection,voltage will be constant and drop in current.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well in shunt loads Current tends to get divided into two components. Current through the shunt arm having higher resistance is less and the current through the lesser resistance arm is higher

Whereas in series connection the voltage gets dropped across each resistor load

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It may be a feature or app or anything.Please be frank and hope Kaustubh Katdare would implement the necessary changes. My wish: 1)A filter or search for searching the members...
The first working steam-powered vehicle was designed — and most likely built by ?
Samsung's not just about mobile phones & galaxies. The Korean engineering team's shelling out innovations like a boss. The latest update from Samsung is about the industry first 2.5" NVMe...
In an interview with stuff.tv, PS4's lead architect Mark Cerny revealed that PS4 engineers trialled the sweat sensing (galvanic skin response) controllers. The idea was to determine how stressed the...
"Innovation? My Ass!", said Apple's Phil Schiller and boy, the engineers at Apple are indeed working on something really awesome. A recently published patent application on USPTO official website reveals...