Doubt regarding DSB SC,SSB SC modulation techniques

Hello engineers,
I have a very big doubt in DSB SC,SSB SC modulation techniques.we know that the message signal is modulated with a carrier signal of a high frequency for various advantages.my doubt is that in these techniques ,we are suppressing the carrier.what is the need of modulating a signal with a carrier signal and then again suppress it?

Replies

• kittu.smiles
    kittu.smiles
    Amplitude modulation produces a modulated output signal that has twice the bandwidth of the original baseband signal. Single-sideband modulation avoids this bandwidth doubling, and the power wasted on a carrier. And the same concept appilies to DSB-SC
  • src2008
    src2008
    Hello CE,
    I think u did not get my doubt.we are modulating baseband signal with a carrier signal and then again suppressing the carrier using DSB SC,SSB SC methods.my doubt is what is the need of modulating a baseband signal with a carrier signal and then again suppress the same carrier signal using DSB SC ,SSB SC?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    src2008
    Hello CE,
    I think u did not get my doubt.we are modulating baseband signal with a carrier signal and then again suppressing the carrier using DSB SC,SSB SC methods.my doubt is what is the need of modulating a baseband signal with a carrier signal and then again suppress the same carrier signal using DSB SC ,SSB SC?
    If you need to suppress the signal, it must be pre-modulated in order to proceed. Will get more information soon.
  • chetan mehra
    chetan mehra
    See as you know that when we want to reconstruct our message signal at the receiver end.Therfore we require a synchronous oscillator having frequency equal to the message frequency,but this is not possible to synchroniose the oscillator with the carrier frequency,in fact phase errors are also introduces in the oscillator which creates a DONALD DUCK like voice effect in the reconstructed signal at the output..
    now moving to your question,as you know that the carrier component does not bears the information,therefore for effecient transmission we suppress it or attenuate it by some means.now at the receiver site we filter this component from the modulated signal,amplify it by some means and afterwards by cohernt detection technique we accurately reconstruct our message signal..
    I think this will help you out...๐Ÿ˜’
    thats why these two methods DSB-SC and SSB-SC are always preferred than AM..infact SSB-SC is very efficient for audio transmission because there one of the side band is transmitted and the other one is suppressed..
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    chetan mehra
    See as you know that when we want to reconstruct our message signal at the receiver end.Therfore we require a synchronous oscillator having frequency equal to the message frequency,but this is not possible to synchroniose the oscillator with the carrier frequency,in fact phase errors are also introduces in the oscillator which creates a DONALD DUCK like voice effect in the reconstructed signal at the output..
    now moving to your question,as you know that the carrier component does not bears the information,therefore for effecient transmission we suppress it or attenuate it by some means.now at the receiver site we filter this component from the modulated signal,amplify it by some means and afterwards by cohernt detection technique we accurately reconstruct our message signal..
    I think this will help you out...๐Ÿ˜’
    thats why these two methods DSB-SC and SSB-SC are always preferred than AM..infact SSB-SC is very efficient for audio transmission because there one of the side band is transmitted and the other one is suppressed..
    Dude! Awesome reply!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • chetan mehra
    chetan mehra
    Thanks.......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Airtel's launched 3G across few cities in North India and has introduced USB 3G Modem Sticks: E1731. The E1713 has following features - Speed HSDPA 7.2Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps Network: customized...
I recently attended a workshop by LI2 Innovations on Android Application Development. The workshop's duration was of 2 days and they charged us Rs 800/- ๐Ÿ˜• On the first day,...
Airtel has launched 3G services in Bangalore, Delhi, Coimbtore, Chennai, Jaipur, Delhi. I did not see unlimited data plans in the list (checked few cities) so wondering how do you...
Aircel thinks that 10% of their existing customers will switch to 3G networks and are planning to launch SIM cards for the Tablets. Aircel has over 2 million customers in...
Hi, Why does most of the memories have byte width , i.e , each location of a memory has a width of 8 bits. Why can't it be 4 bits...