Doubt about diode.

What will happen if we connect +5V at both the terminals of a diode? It will be RB or FB?

Replies

• Er_Mahendran
    Er_Mahendran
    Hello,
    The diode will conduct only when its cathode voltage is less than anode voltage. If you connect +5V at both the electrodes current conduction will not take place.

Forward bias: Anode is more +ve than cathode.

Reverse bias: Cathode is more +ve than anode.

I hope this will clear your doubt.
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    The diode is forward biased if
    diode +ve terninal to +5V battery Diode -Ve terminal to GND
    Thus forward current flows
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    Diode has 2 region, One is P type and another is N type..
    current conduction take place bcoz of relative moments of their majority charge carriers.. (mean hole in P region and Electron in N region)
    now if we comect +ve teminal of +5vbattery to anode(P type) and ground(-ve terminal of battery) to cathode (n Type),then holes from Ptype moves to N type region.. and Electrons from n to P type... this relative moment of charge carrier convert in to current conduction...

here you want to contect +5v at both side then electrons in ntype can not move towards the p type but it attract towards the cathode.. so there is no relative moment between ho;e and electron and current conduction will not take place...

you must connect anode to more positive with respect to cathode..for current conduction..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Let me know how you will connect this??
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Super explaination priyank.
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    godfather
    Super explaination priyank.
    thanks GF...😉
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    really superb priyank

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello! I have a problem that I hope you will help me resolve. I have two sources of power and I want to power a light bulb using them. This...
*sigh*. I somehow dont like process orientation. Thought personally I jot down things to do list , I follow it , i complete and feel good about it, at work...
*ahem* I wanted to share this case study what i did yesterday as a aprt of my course work_project management ( yup, I need to take up one mandaory management...
Fir those who purse M.E and who in need with VLSI project can get topics from here On VLSI design of rank order filtering using DCRAM architecture (IEEE 2007) A...
*sigh* We have seen apple not allowing few apps becasue they dont comply to terms and agreements.But what about showing the locations of nearest drug hotspots in I POD apps?...