Dota 2 Is Arriving On Linux.

After more than year staying in beta for Windows users, Dota 2 is now available for all & Dota 2 - The Beta Is Over
Valve's Defense Of tower Arts, also known as Dota 2; is sequel to DoTa with improved gameplay,graphics,animation,heroes & customization. All of these for free!

โ€‹
โ€‹
As Dota 2 has leaved the beta stage & available for free for everyone. The Official website has been updated with server details & FAQs.

Surprisingly, the under FAQ it is clearly mentioned that DoTa2 is under beta testing for Linux users & it will be available for Linux & Mac users soon.

1โ€‹
โ€‹
You can't imaging the blessings Gabe is gathering from Linux community after Unix community read this news.
I am quite sure #-Link-Snipped-# would be equally excited as I am & rest other Linux users.

BTW, Is anyone playing DoTa 2 ? If you didn't got access during beta stage, then need not to worry as it's open for all now. Go download it : Dota 2 on Steam and enter the world online arena battlefield.๐Ÿ‘

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    This is awesome news ... would increase my Dota2 manifold once it comes to linux.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Wow...!!!

The graphics looks pretty awesome..!!!

At last Linux is also gaining some attention and popularity. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update :

System Requirements For Dota2 test (Linux):
    - Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
    - Dual-Core Intel/AMD at 2.8GHz
    - 4 GB RAM
    - 4 GB HD
    - nVidia GeForce 8600/9600 GT, ATI/AMD Radeon HD2600/3600 : OpenGL 2.1
    - OpenAL Compatible sound

As, it has OpenGL 2.1 support, I assume intel processors will also be able to run this game. Intel chipset users won't have any trouble of black-screen like in game Team-Fortress 2.

Time to remove Wine, yes sir ! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Dear Linux users,
    If you have access to beta version of Dota2, download it & play the game.
    If you find any bug or exploit then report to steam : Steam Community :: Group :: Linux User Group

Help Linux grow. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well this is gaming revolution in LINUX

If one game comes into Linux I am damn sure it's competitors are about to step things up in a few weeks time

Thank God Linux is going to be populated with Real games in a few months
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Conqueror
    Well this is gaming revolution in LINUX

If one game comes into Linux I am damn sure it's competitors are about to step things up in a few weeks time

Thank God Linux is going to be populated with Real games in a few months
    Gaming revolution begun since Gabe Newell started to support Ubuntu users & ditched Windows 8 users. We already have huge database of very good games : TF2,L4D2,CoR & now Dota2.
    No one really cared about other games, all we wanted was dotaw in Linux.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update : The steam database ( #-Link-Snipped-# ) shows that Dota2 is in test client, but it's on main client as been updated 2 hours from now. So, Dota2 is released for Linux, Valve simply didn't announced officially.

This game is highly addictive, I recommend to stay away from it unless you're aiming to stress your brain,eye-balls & wasting your time.

Gabe Newell, You are super-dope! Thanks for dota2 on linux ๐Ÿ˜
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Final Update :
    Dota2 is officially released by Valve for Linux & Mac OS X users. For details : #-Link-Snipped-#
    That was fastest beta testing by Valve : On 10th July they announced beta testing for Dota2 & 9 days later on 19th July the client has left beta & released! ๐Ÿ˜

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers at the University of Rostock in Germany have developed a new technique that allows production of high strength metallic alloys using lesser energy and at lower costs. This technique...
Snake robots aren't new to the world, but the engineers are finding out newer ways to exploit the capabilities of these robots. The snake robot developed by Carnegie Mellon University's...
I was browsing through Sony and Samsung websites and found that only the top range TV models are equipped with inbuilt Wi-Fi. There are a few TV sets which support...
NASA's engineering team has unveiled the design of the rover for Mars 2020 mission - which specifically aims at finding the signs of life on Mars. The design has been...
With Dropbox, everyone's storing all their files and photos on the cloud. The question everyone should ask is whether cloud is reliable or not? Because when you store your data...