Don't give up - Just Do It

Swami Vivekanada said:
'If you are poor, work. If you are rich, work. If you are burdened with un-seemingly unfair responsibilities, work. If disappointments come, work. If sorrow overwhelms you and loved ones seem not true, work. If health is threatened, work. When dreams are shattered and hope seems dead, work. Work as if your life is in peril. It really is. No matter what ails you, work. Work faithfully. Work in faith. Work is the great remedy available for both mental and physical afflictions'.

In engineering quite often one faces apparent failures. Deadlines long past, Budgets over run, Technoloy not panning out and bosses baying for blood. It is important to 'Stick to it'.
Just do not give up.

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Youth, I think, are familiar with it. The Nike way 😁 Just do It!
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sir, I don't know how to thank you, this could have been an easy Facebook share or a post, 😀 just now I'd woke up and I have a decision to make, in my mind. When I stumbled upon to this quote, it just reminded me of a great person who looks just like you, who graded me above most of other students but still, yet that was not good enough. I thought of not risking into it further and I also thought of walking away from it. Like a coward. I was single minded and I wanted this but today ... hmm, and today I owe whatever happens that I'll stick to this and I'll fight and I'm not going to give up. 😉
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    That is great Don.
    But remember this. People like us are just conductors for the current or post men. We are not doing anything. It is the what you do with the info that counts. So it is you that achieved whatever it was even if was just inner peace.
    Good for you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

iam interested in doing mtech in embedded and wireless control.pls give me a feed back about the scope of this course.
Can Anybody help me with finding online ansys electrical tutorials?
In past year we have seen various malicious applications trying to steal information from institutions like banks and oil companies but this one sends in a direct threat to the...
The 35$ "near-linux-computer" is improving at unimaginable pace.Thanks to OpenSource community/developers.Raspberry Pi developer has introduced Pi store, where you can get Apps for Raspberry Pi, collaborating with Velocix & Indiecity.Developer...
After valve's move to support Ubuntu for Steam for linux & ditching Windows 8 compatibility. Next move is way more exciting. Valve's Steam Engine to build Linux game Console. This...