Does your company allow you to work part time?

I wish to know how many of our CEans who are working for companies are allowed to work part time?

That is, are you allowed to work for a startup during off-office hours? Are you allowed to be a consultant to a company that doesn't rival with the company you are working for.

Did you ever bother about reading your employer job agreement, T&C?

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    It does allow you to work part time, only if you are working as a consultant or a free lance teacher/ guide. However your field of work should not clash with what your current employer is doing. Lot of people take special permission to do so, as long as they have additional time.

You can also join the board of a company, in fact 12 companies. You can get paid for helping the companies to take better decisions. Again, your interests should not clash with your incumbent employer.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    mayurpathak
    It does allow you to work part time, only if you are working as a consultant or a free lance teacher/ guide. However your field of work should not clash with what your current employer is doing. Lot of people take special permission to do so, as long as they have additional time.

You can also join the board of a company, in fact 12 companies. You can get paid for helping the companies to take better decisions. Again, your interests should not clash with your incumbent employer.
    Yep this is true , My current employer asked me my additional earning options (i dont have though)
    I have read the T and C , it does allow me to work part time , but my part time work should not clash with what my employer is doing.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I guess no company allow dual employment in INDIA. However a lot of persons do this exercise; as they use their wife/parents name for the second employment.

Am I sounding too alien?

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Alrighty - I'm a big fan of video games. I was first introduced to video games when I was about 10 😲 . I remember spending hours playing Mario &...
CEans, Please post your favorite engineering websites/blogs in this thread. The website should provide technical information relevant to engineers. Get started
Dear All Members; A.S.H.A.R.E Refrigeration 2006 is the latest version of A.S.H.A.R.E Refrigeration series You can download it from here: HVAC DESIGN TOOLS|HVAC TRAINING
I am new to dot net tech.,I have decided to learn this as self study and dont know from where to start. whether from asp.net or c# or vb.net ?...
this article is really nice... And It is amazing to read that wolfram alpha uses super computer which is the world's 66th-fastest supercomputer. HowStuffWorks "How Wolfram Alpha Works"