Does the signal jammer , jam the bluetooth?

Hi All,

While commuting to office I usually listen to my radio in my car. My office is close to CM's (chief Minister's) office. So very often they roam here and there which causes distortion to the signal of the radio.
However, today I was listening to songs through bluetooth of my phone, and nothing happened even if the vehicle which has the jammer is very close by.

So I posted the question above 😀

My take on that jammers is to stop from remote activating a bomb etc, which operates at a different frequency , so if bluetooth is not blocked is it not a security threat?

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Bluetooth signal can also be used to remote detonate a Bomb. But the range is comparatively less of a bluetooth signal as compared to radio, so it doesn't seem necessary to block that. Also if bluetooth is used to bomb a target, the bomber should be close buy to remote detonate the bomb and he will also be harmed in process. So it is next to a suicide mission, no use blocking by jammers.

Plus Bluetooth is used in every mobile phone coming into that area for various purposes like you said Music for an instance or data sharing, so Jamming that would hinder daily activities also.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I dont think government officials will care for what they are hindering. I guess the jammer they are using will not jam the bluetooth signals, so there are innovations already in place where a bluetooth can transmit to larger distances. Now they need to incorporate that to increase the safety of people!!
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    English-Scared
    I dont think government officials will care for what they are hindering. I guess the jammer they are using will not jam the bluetooth signals, so there are innovations already in place where a bluetooth can transmit to larger distances. Now they need to incorporate that to increase the safety of people!!

They have a technology to boost the range is highly advanced stuff and this is India and its security measures. They have limit on infrastructures. And everyone in there is using bluetooth one way or the other, it doesn't seem a hard and fast decision to block that frequency. They have to take into account a number of factors. And long range bluetooth will work on higher frequency, so i think that will be automatically blocked by the jammer. Not sure about this part
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    bluetooth operates in 2400–2480 MHz and mobile devices generally employes frequency hopping , where as mobile phone operates somewhere at 800Mhz , so they might only be blocking specific block of frequencies and not all.

freq source : wiki
  • Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    Bluetooth has High frequency they cant go long distance usually 1-10meter .
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    As #-Link-Snipped-# said GSM and Bluetooth is working on different frequency. Mobile Jammers are designed to generate frequency which suppress GSM frequency it is not designed to generate frequency on which Bluetooth and WiFi is working and that is why I think you have no any interference while listening through Bluetooth.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    First thing .. we shouldn't confuse between 'Jamming' and 'interference'. mostly "jamming" should be used to describe the deliberate use of radio noise or signals in an attempt to disrupt communications (or prevent listening to broadcasts) whereas the term "interference" should be used to describe unintentional forms of disruption (which are far more common).

Per wikipedia -- Intentional communications jamming is usually aimed at radio signals to disrupt control of a battle.
    A transmitter, tuned to the same frequency as the opponents' receiving equipment and with the same type of modulation, can, with enough power, override any signal at the receiver.

Digital wireless jamming for signals such as Bluetooth and WiFi is possible with very low power, it completely depends what type of usage is expected out of a jammer, depending upon their are various envoy's that intercepts the Bluetooths as well.

-CB
  • cathyrow
    cathyrow
    With the spread of the electronic products,the paper made products have been replaced gradually.The collection of stamps or any other paper made things can be sensible.However the electronic products also have two sides.They can also make people annoyed with the noise pollution.Then to block the signals people choose the radio signal blocker to help to create quiet conditions.
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    The answer to your question is both yes and no.Now a days the jammers are available specifically.Some only to jam the mobile voice communication signals and some can jam everything including 3G,wifi and bluetooth.It's just that the jammer used in your case cannot jam the bluetooth signals.
    Incase of activating a bomb,I agree with @#-Link-Snipped-# .
  • Penny89Beguhl
    Penny89Beguhl
    The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of rf jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
  • Penny89Beguhl
    Penny89Beguhl
    The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of rf jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
  • James Mcgintley
    James Mcgintley
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but just wanted to give my view and knowledge on the matter just to clarify a couple of things about jammers since some of the participants have distorted views or just randomly post answers.

First of all, Bluetooth operates in the same frequency as WiFi 2.4GHz (2400-2480MHz) while the most used remote control frequencies are 315MHz, 433MHz, 868MHz, 5.1-5.9GHz for newer devices such as drones, electric toy cars, et cetera.

Due to Bluetooth's inability to surpass obstacles (walls) and inability to reach long distances, Manufacturers don't use it much. To be fair, I think nobody would use Bluetooth controlled remote controls to detonate a bomb. The most common way to do that is to use GSM (remember movie scenes where the bad guy calls another cell phone attached to the bomb which after a few rings goes off?) or any other remote control frequency to trigger explosives.

Bomb jammers usually block frequencies from low (VHF & UHF) to high (WiFi). Nothing can be left to chance when many lives are at stake. I really hope my answer clarifies any doubts you have and check this #-Link-Snipped-# article for further details.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I checked out the descriptions of access point, wireless repeater and range extenders but failed to see any major difference between these. It'd be really nice if someone could clearly...
Hello guys, I am putting forward a discussion which is completely related to Business and Marketing domain. We know that one of the main reasons of degrading of Indian Market...
All the forgetful people rejoice. While the world's #1 search engine for all the things you misplaced or forgot, continues to be your mom or wife; you can now lessen...
Hey guys, I am putting forward a topic of discussion related to prevent unwanted usage of cellphones in colleges. This is my theory to stop the unwanted use of Cell...
Users of The Pirate Bay (TPB) website have now more reasons to rejoice to mark the 10th anniversary of the site. We know that thousands of people are not able...