Does SOPA & PIPA Affect India's Internet Freedom ?

India tried to take step against Piracy. They even blocked all torrent websites.
Due to some reasons (or maybe due to Anonymous attacking 'em) they unblocked all the torrents.
Atleast I felt that when for some 4-5 days, I wasnt able to access any torrent websites.

India & US have healthy relations, so US might've asked Indian government to support this act.
Do you think, by any means SOPA & PIPA affects India's Online Freedom ?

However, for your information; India is second country after US to acquire details on search from Google so they can monitor us.
Also, there are internet police, trolling all over internet & maybe they're even trolling you on FB or Twitter.

Our privacy is Forsaken ? We don't even have freedom of speech, (even though in legislation it says we have: just abuse any famous politician, you'll be targeted by 'em) now our internet is not free too.
What's your take CEans ?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    One thing the more the freedom they project out to the world the lesser it is for those living in a nation

America showed open door features a few years back right now it turned nearly into a jail cell

Hope India does not become just lke that
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Freedom will always have it's own restrictions.
    Nation's Security is nothing but the people's security/our security. That's important first of all.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Sada
    Freedom will always have it's own restrictions.
    Nation's Security is nothing but the people's security/our security. That's important first of all.
    So, are we secure ? Do you think PRISM is only limited for United States civilians ? I don't think so,honestly.

Do you think India should have any such thing like PRISM ?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Abhishek Rawal
    So, are we secure ? Do you think PRISM is only limited for United States civilians ? I don't think so,honestly.

Do you think India should have any such thing like PRISM ?
    Do you think that India don't carry the secret operations with other countries? India does. Yes, India does on Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, China etc. And not only US, India, China, Russia, Britain and almost all the 1st, 2nd and 3rd world countries does. Who don't care about their security?

And Russian President Putin who gave asylum to snowden innocently was himself the head of Russia's secret snooping agency.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Yeah I believe what you say because in the recent news it was claimed that India is at second position after United states to consistently ask for data & statistics of users from Google.

And, I do believe that PRISM wasn't created in a day or week, it was there since beginning of internet era.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi CEans !!! how r u all !? After a long time Once again am posting a thread !! hope everybody is fine 😀 First of all let me inform...
I have searched internet for long, hoping to get some insight about designation of "charted engineer". What is a charted engineer? I have BE degree, am I eligible for registering...
Recently I found this link and thought this could be a debatable topic in CE here https://optin.stopwatching.us/ The link just lets u send a petition to the Congress in USA...
The iconic Triumph Motorcycles, the British company that sells the likes of Thunderbird, Daytona 675 and Speed Triple bikes, did ripple excitement among bikers last year at the 2012 Auto...
Infosys is under Narayana Murthy's control now and in order to revive the company, NRM is going the carrot & stick way - promising to offer high salary to the...