CrazyEngineers
  • Samsung's unveiled the Galaxy Note III a few hours ago but I couldn't find the details about the kind of glass the display uses? On Galaxy Note II, I thought they had a Gorilla Glass; but a few scratches later, I found out that it's a different type of glass that doesn't really resist scratches.

The display of the Note III is full HD OLED and it's gorgeous. But I want to know whether it's protected by Gorilla Glass technology from Corning. If not, you better pick up a good screen guard with the Note III.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Satya Swaroop Dash

MemberSep 4, 2013

Kaustubh Katdare
    ...I want to know whether it's protected by Gorilla Glass technology from Corning...
    This is strange, the #-Link-Snipped-#does not have any mention of Gorilla Glass. If its true then, Samsung has made a glaring omission. At a time when other flagships are offering excellent dust, water and scratch protection Samsung's mistake could cost it dearly.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberSep 4, 2013

Most latest mobile devices do have Corning's GG. I was unable to find any blog/forum saying N3 has GG.

BTW, Have you read about development Corning's GG4 ?
    Link : <a href="https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/next-gen-cornings-gorilla-glass-4-will-be-anti-bacterial-anti-glare.69024">Next-Gen Corning's Gorilla Glass 4, Will Be Anti-bacterial & Anti-glare.</a>
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register