"Does MBA kill entrepreneurial spirit?"

hiya,

this is one question i really need to clarify now 😀
my thought is that doing an MBA will provide you a insight to what the corporate world has in store...and prepare you to manage stuff more professionally... is this right😕
do you think that an entrepreneur will not need an MBA? will the MBA kill the entrepreneurial spirit?

please put down your thoughts 😀

thanks,
CP

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    At first figure out as much as you can by yourself, this will make you shape your own business strategies then get an MBA, by getting MBA first it'll will shape your thinking which may lessen your creativity & shut up the entrepreneurial spirit to the limits of the MBA rules.

Most of the very much recognized entrepreneurs haven't MBAs, at least at first.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There were times when I thought I needed an MBA to do anything in Business. But ultimately I realized that MBA is not needed. I believe the thought of needing an MBA comes to those who do not come from families with business background. MBA can help - but its not a must; otherwise there won't be many successful entrepreneurs without an MBA. Now let's see how MBA can help build your entrepreneurial spirit -

1. It will introduce you to many like minded individuals who want to do something in business (on their own).
    2. It will introduce you to insights of running a business (building a business and running it are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT things).
    3. It will introduce you to people who can help you in building the business

Now let's see how it can KILL your entrepreneurial spirits:

1. You might be offered a high paying job. Lot of people give up their entrepreneurial ambitions upon getting a high paying job.
    2. You may be left with no option to take up a job if you've opted for educational loans.
    3. You may feel its 'difficult' to build & run a business. See, most of the entrepreneurs succeed because no one tells them what they'll face during the journey. Think of it. 😀

From my personal experience, only two things ultimately matter: "Screw It! Let's Do It!" attitude & Patience.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I doubt it kills the spirit. If you view what you learn in MBA as tools rather than rules, its quite advantageous.
  • gujaratmba
    gujaratmba
    Thank you for the wonderful help. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • gujaratmba
    gujaratmba
    I agree with Ash. she is right. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • gujaratmba
    gujaratmba
    The_Big_K has good quality info I must say.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here are some words that are frequently used: Word: Abate(verb) Meaning: Subside or moderate Usage: They did not wait for the rains to abate thinking that it might get even...
everyone please come out with opinions regarding both the technologies....dot net and java.. which one is better and in demand..
hey I use a 3.5" floppy drive to drive unipolar stepper motor. floppy converts received pules into electric current then provided to motor coils and it run at 5 volt....
do you guys feel you need? Desktops have evolved into Laptops and laptops to notebooks and then we have tablet PCs ,which fit somewhere in the evolution process. If you...
I've been hearing complaints form many students who have been hired by companies; but haven't yet received joining letters. What about you? Tell us your status. Which company has hired...