Does it make sense to fix up an old laptop?

For what it is worth.

"Instructables" says this:

Why would you want to do this? Well computers really have not gotten that much better(at least CPU wise) in the last decade so old laptops can be surprisingly useful. Also sometimes you just need a really cheap laptop. Or one that you don’t have to worry about getting broken or stolen. Plus it's good for the Earth to get the maximum use out of a thing before discarding it. 

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

For me, the old laptops are now purely used for the sole purpose of having a local backup of things. Other than that - they have a very limited use (for software testing). 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Looking for a structural engineer that is qualified  and licensed to stamp residential plans for the state of New Mexico.  I need plans for a simple 40-foot shipping container house...
I am going to set up a startup with my friends. I need web designers who can help me. I'm a B.Tech student, I cannot pay. Is there a solution...
Sir, I m an E&TC email engineer.. pass out 2016.Now I m joining predac course for prepation of CDAC (dec 2018).. My academic is also good..I had aggregate of 69...But  ...
Plz provide me major project ideas for mech. Engg. I am in final yr. I have my other exams so I just want to complete this project any how. Plz...
I am a Fresher Mechanical Engineer Graduated in 2018, looking to do a Professional job oriented course. I am interested in both Piping design and HVAC design.Give your opinion considering...