Does Education System Assume Everyone Equal?

When we're in school, the every student in the class is taught the same thing, ignoring his/her grasping, comprehension and intelligence. If a student is not interested in Math, (s)he's still expected to be good at it. Of course, basic education is a must for everyone; in my opinion the trouble starts when the same thing continues at graduation & post graduation level.

Lot of people take up business management without really understanding what's in their DNA. Most of the times, it proves fatal.

Is there a way out? Can there be a way to provide education to individuals as per his/her likings?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    That is already been assumed and done :-|. Only difference is - the students themselves don't know what they like and they don't.
    The basic education which I think is till grade 12 is common for all, engineering /medicine have their own disciplines. As our beloved engineers drift from xxx( engineering school) to yyy ( career), medics wont and cant do the same ( i dare not imagine what will happen if they do!).
    Students are given opportunity to decide what they 'like' ( read - clueless) at counselling into eng colleges right?
    All they are worried about then is - which college has campus placements, which college has transport /accommodation or in which college they don't have to pay up for the seat ( that was me by the way) and all other useless stuff. I recently read - now a days even college festplays a
    significant role in selecting colleges :-|.

I think trying to explain the students of various career paths and what they need to know for each career path might help.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    the students themselves don't know what they like and they don't.
    Absolutely right

2nd I think parental pressure is also responsible for this
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    It is very right that basic education for all is must. And as Durga said that most of the student itself donot know what they like,what they want to be.It is cent precent true that most of student dont know what they actually wanted to be.
    First students have to know about itself actually what he/she interested about. No one going to help them if we are not honest with themselves about who we are and what we want.
    Secondly as Goyal said their should not be any pressure from parent side.
    After class 10 most of the student choose maths and biology as a subject, they have the mentality that they are having both as a choice for their higher education so as per my request every schools must have their career development professionals so that they use various tools to help students to evaluate their interests, personality, skills, and values.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Yes I second the point also parental and peer pressure has a great role!
  • gf321
    gf321
    sushant005
    First students have to know about itself actually what he/she interested about. No one going to help them if we are not honest with themselves about who we are and what we want.
    From my own experience i can say that most people at that age aren't aware of what they want.The main reason is that they dont know the various options available.
    When i was in class 10th, all i knew was that i wanted to be an engineer.I had no idea what the various branches were and what they dealt with.I only had the image that mechanical meant cars, cse meant coding and electrical meant a bunch of wires
    i didn't even know about other branches and also had no idea about what we study in bio and commerce.
    Now when i knew so little, i was asked to chose between maths, bio and commerce.How could i have known what i wanted to do?
    Secondly at the time of counselling, what you get depends on your rank and not necessarily on your interest.So even if one knows what he wants, still he might have to settle with something else..
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Students are unaware of the basics of a field. They must be given proper guidance and counseling at school or college level so that they do not end up taking the wrong path. Also, many of the students apply for engineering(in today's date) only because it is a professional course.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hai friends. i require puzzles frequently asked in interview with their answers .i am in need for preparing for my interview pls help me.
hi to ALL😁 what is my.h and string.h file in KEIL IDE.... how i can use these header files ..😔 plzz help me with any example code...
hi friends, Today i was studying about the transistors and logic gates then ,suddenly it strikes to my mind that can we have a computer that runs on light? As...
Can someone explain to me what is relocating loader in system programming and how is it different from other types of loaders?
If we try to define it, it is something like : A reprogrammable, multifunctional manipulator designed to move material, parts, tools, or specialized devices through various programmed motions for the...