Does a stepper motor create a spark?

a stepper motor used in a gas stove to control the motion of the knob create a spark??.....and if so, how to avoid it?

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Stepper motors being brushless will not make sparks. Though brushes are abscent and this totally wipes out the chance of sparking as in other dc motors, being an electrical device, if faults like loose connection occurs, sparks might occur.

How to avoid it? Not quite sure, may be to seal the motor completely and do frequent maintenance to make sure there are no faults. Well, this is a risky condition, need to reconsider it's usage and right safety measures deeper.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ford EcoSport, the much awaited SUV from the stables of American auto major has made its way to China. The Ecosport SUV will be available in the Indian Car Bazaar...
i want to make project of machine design and cad 2 . but i donot have idea what type of topic i should have selected . and proceed on words...
Someone please tell me where to find RFID reader and tags and how much does it cost?
I am a Liberian. I currently stay in Izmir, Turkey. I'm a student of Gediz University, Izmir. I am majoring in Civil Engineering. My purpose of joining this group is...
I want to know about the practical approach of UPS Designing with real examples. For example for 100Computers, 200Lights etc what should be the power ratting of UPS to consider....