Do you think sensors can avoid car accidents

Now a days sensors are being used for detection of objects while taking reverse. A sound will be making us realize that there is some object in the back. Now world car makers are using this to prevent accidents in high way. (i.e) Sensors are fitted in front of vehicle. While moving in high way it will automatically turn on. If there is distraction/anybody coming in front of your way brakes will be automatically applied thus preventing the collision.
[​IMG]
Do u think this will be good idea?? It may reduce collision but this will lead to automatic braking regularly when any flying object or stationary object comes in our way. How can we improve this??

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    It will be a boon only untill all the cars have been fitted or equipped with cars .This is because we know that your car will be equipped with sensors and it would apply automatic braking bur what about other vehicle around the world which havent been equipped with sensors.This can lead to catastrophic accidents if implemented in a quick time.We have to wait for more time so that we would not indulge in future problems.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not a mechanical engineering related discussion. Moved to chit-chat.
  • Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    Admin I guess it is a automobile related post which can be allowed in Mechanical section
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @Velshankar : thread leads to opinions which might/might-not add up to a technical discussion. hence the admin might have moved it to chit-chat
  • Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    Hmm but it is leading to opinions only I am trying to find a alternative technical solution using sensors....
    So only felt unfair on moving it to chitchat
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is not just sensors. Sensors can sense quickly. However, the rest of the control system can be slow. Also if a car with sensors applies brakes suddenly the car behind may be in trouble. Of course this can happen even with normal braking.
    Look at this:
    Nissan targets Autonomous Drive plan by 2020

The sensor, or rather the control system, is designed to act based on the size of the obstruction.
  • Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    Hmmmm ok sir Understood So low sized particles wont be troubling the sensors.........
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    it depends my friend.it may to be possible that accident may be happened due to sensor or may be avoided so tatly depends on conditions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Those who are preparing for GATE 2014 examination can attend this examination to check your progress. This free mock examination will be conducted by TIME institute on OCT 6 all...
Attention premiership footballers and Hollywood movie stars, there is a new Android smartphone phone to fit your luxurious life style. As you might have already guessed it’s from Vertu who...
XMir is an implementation of X11 running on top of Mir display server providing compatibility layer for desktop environments and applications designed for X11 to run on top of Mir....
An interesting video from fora: https://fora.tv/2013/09/22/zero_to_m...il&utm_term=0_de23702f3b-16475fd76d-295725241
So, I was bored last sunday and I wrote this little script. It has no advanced features, you will just receive a sms alert saying who sent you the PM....