Do you support privatization of Government companies?

In recent years , we saw many steps taken by the government to convert government units to private units.Do you believe in privitization ?How can this be a help to government to raise revenues?How can this step backfire govt.?
Recently government had initiated steps to sell 5% of NLC share to private.Do you support this?

Replies

• Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    CSK AUTO
    Do you believe in privitization?
    I have no experience so i cant say i believe in it or not but From one point of view i am in favor of privatization is "CORRUPTION" ,though private companies sometime get bankrupt and close down,and some private mangers also corrupt.but in public sector corruption is open it mouth like dragon who is ready to swallow everything and large amount store in store in Swiss bank in trillions.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Apurwa.Thakur
    I have no experience so i cant say i believe in it or not but From one point of view i am in favor of privatization is "CORRUPTION" ,though private companies sometime get bankrupt and close down,and some private mangers also corrupt.but in public sector corruption is open it mouth like dragon who is ready to swallow everything and large amount store in store in Swiss bank in trillions.
    I don't believe privatization will end up corruption. Just think, If railway system, which is considered to be one of the cheapest mode of transportation became privatized, Irctc website might work fine, but not the transportation charges. It may vary from day to day, as it is happening for flight charges.
  • Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    aarthivg
    I don't believe privatization will end up corruption. Just think, If railway system, which is considered to be one of the cheapest mode of transportation became privatized, Irctc website might work fine, but not the transportation charges. It may vary from day to day, as it is happening for flight charges.
    Privatization lead to reduce the rate of corruption up to extent and and moreover it will solve the problem of unemployment.and talented people will get job (no reservation).

Now a days price if everything is vary from day to day .but important thing to discuss is how to remove corruption and unemployment.😖
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Privatisation with government subsidising is not a proper solution for the effective growth alone

This will lead to inflation in any level So I think govt should not privatise all its assets But partial privatization is a boon to the firm
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Good topic of debate by #-Link-Snipped-# 👍

I support the privatization because In private companies, employees don't sit idle like that of Government companies. There's just no productivity in the government companies, take any sector; the output from government sector is null. While, Private companies have goals to reach & by hook or crook their employees will try their best to reach goal in time, so their spot is saved. Otherwise other skilled employee will be replacing him. This increases the productivity.
    And, India honestly needs some serious private companies for better India.

BTW I don't think private companies will reduce the corruption, corruption is something which comes in ethics/morals ;you cannot teach anyone morals/ethics.So, whether it is government or private sector, corruption is there. Corruption doesn't only mean bribes, In MNCs lot of politics is going on, that's ofcourse a subliminal derivative of corruption.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The government shouldn't control the businesses. However, it *MUST* keep check on the way business is done through proper administration and policies. The government's job should be to promote the fair business practices and it should focus more on 'governance'.

That means, if a company does something 'odd', the Government should have the power to kick them in the butt.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    In a recent case on ongc, the private company who had buyed a small share had filed an case and got stay that the government should make any decision with the concern and permission of it.In this case,the Governments power was taken away .Same is the case in petroleum price fixing issue.The private companies were given permission and they were rising the price of petrol and diesel every month twice.Whats your take on this CEans?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Lets look at advantages and disadvantages and then lets come to a conclusion -

Advantages :

1. Good Governance is what we mean the people's participation in the Governance. Privatization gives good governance.
    2. Burden on Govt will be reduced to a part.
    3. Corruption can be reduced to a part.
    4. Efficiency of the work will be improved.
    5. Services can be delivered without much delay.
    6. Can reduce the Govt expenditure to a part as Govt employees charges much than the private employees.
    7. The work will be more accountable, transparent.

Disadvantages :

1. As someone pointed out above - Inflation. But Govt have to take care of it as some burden will be reduced with this privatization.
    2. Privatization always favors the rich and ignores the poor as Govt work is service oriented and private companies work is business and profit oriented. Ex- Govt bus will run even with 1 passenger but you don't find any private bus moving without being full. But see how many days can we run the Govt buses with min passengers by spending much of the people's money.

These are the points that I can say as for now with my minimum knowledge. But I can say Privatization is good for the country's growth. All to do is the Govt should take care of the sectors and the amount of shares that it is privatizing.
  • aachus
    aachus
    Privatization is good at some points .
    but we cant trust on it completely.
    for example if its an american company and we gave full control of transport system to them .On one fine morning if they said the company is in loss and they are leaving ,we cant set up a transport system very soon.
    privatization is good only if the company is reliable and if they guarantee a certain amount of profit to India.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    aachus
    Privatization is good at some points .
    but we cant trust on it completely.
    for example if its an american company and we gave full control of transport system to them .On one fine morning if they said the company is in loss and they are leaving ,we cant set up a transport system very soon.
    privatization is good only if the company is reliable and if they guarantee a certain amount of profit to India.
    That you are saying about Globalization. With privatization, we can have public-private partnerships with our domestic companies which involves public participation in Governance and that is called Good Governance.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Few months ago, Yorba developers after watching the fame they got due to Geary decided to crowdfund for the dedicated mail application, Geary. Unfortunately, it failed to achieve the target....
Recently, among the top sprinters of the world,Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell were found 'positive' in dope-test. There's many controversial debate already been going since last one decade watching that...
An Intel Developer, Sarah Sharp wrote her first message in the mailing list pointing on Linus Torvalds to stop using foul language. THIS IS WORTH A READ ! Sarah's mail-list...
Hello fellow CEans..!! 😁 I am Mehak Rajkhokar, it's really great to be here... an excellent place for all the Engineers.. I am about to join an IT company in...
We know that Biogas is pollution-free gas which is still being used in rural areas for cooking & other household activities. The CNGs & LPGs are used for in Vehicles,...