Do you support Baba Ramdev's Fast Againist Corruption in India From 4th June?

I feel that media is defaming Baba Ramdev by showing remarks like Baba Ramdev's Fast against corruption is a Five Star Event. It has thousands of fans, air-coolers, LCDs etc.. as opposed to what Anna Hazare did.

What's wrong with doing preparations for the lakhs of people who will be joining him for the fast?

What do you feel about this?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Air coolers-> Can I spam? give him my contact number.

This time I feel, Baba Ramdev want votes.I completely Support Anna Hazare but now Ramdev is politicizing this event.

Anna Hazare did not allow *spamming* by political parties, He wanted people who joined him out of their free will. And look once his Lokpal bill is going to be presented in a few days, he is out of the scene. He came, he did his job and he has quitely left. No hipe of anything. He is the real leader.

Ramdev is doing exactly opposite. However if this can eradicate corruption I am with him.

P.S: Do not forget air coolers πŸ˜‰
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    What's wrong with urging people to join in the cause?
    Only a crowd of thousands will be able to pressurize the government. It's going to be a one-of-a-kind event in the history of India.
    And I really hope it has fruitful results.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Government is already enough pressurized by Hazare Satyagraha. I know the future, UPA government is going to step down in 2013. and a coalition Government of BJP is going to be formed.

Besides, tarnishing the image of Government of an emerging super power is not good.

It should not be forgotten that Ramdev has formed a political party and he is going to assume the role of *KING MAKER* after 10 years. πŸ˜€

P.S: He is not washed with milk. But short term effects are removal of corruption which is good.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    If you remember, there was a BABA named Chandra rao. I think Sonia Gandhi, Ramdev and Chandra Rao are the different beads of same necklace. πŸ˜‰
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ishutopre
    It should not be forgotten that Ramdev has formed a political party and he is going to assume the role of *KING MAKER* after 10 years. πŸ˜€

P.S: He is not washed with milk. But short term effects are removal of corruption which is good.
    Nobody can say as of now if he is clean-hearted or not, but all the points that he raises in all his interviews and all the statistics he puts forth while making statements seem quite relevant to me.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Assuming for a moment, that Baba Ramdev's intentions are clean. What's the big problem with having good people entering politics? Why can't people with good intentions form a political party? If IITans can form a political party, why can't a Yog Guru form one? Going with the facts, Baba Ramdev does not have a political party right now and he's NOT invited any party to support his fast. He's also not a supporter of any political party. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

To me, the cause is good and people should support all such causes. I'm more impressed by his line of action than the person himself.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    I'm more impressed by his line of action than the person himself.
    same here. I am also interested in his plan that Baba himself. πŸ˜‰
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    why are we discussing about someone irrelevant to engineering in CE?
  • pkantham
    pkantham
    My thinking is that after the Anna Hazare movement, a Ramdev movement was not of much use. It's like coming up on the stage with the very same points as the presenter before you. If he really wanted to do his bit, he should have tried to strengthen the Anna Hazare movement, which he doesn't seem to. Looks just like an attention grabbing technique. Maybe that's the reason he is not getting that much publicity.
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte
    I guess that if we keep on thinking about the intensions of Baba Ramdev with respect to his future political aspects and that he has formed a poltical party and so on, then probably we would remain at the same tragic condition where we are today.

Atleast he is the one who is striving to bring a change for a purpose (indeed a good one), which is the need of today.

Till now we as a common man were discussing out that- "Corruption is the biggest problem in India and we need to eradicate it. But thats hardly possible."

So, if someone is taking a lead, then why not support him for the betterment.
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    MegaByte
    I guess that if we keep on thinking about the intensions of Baba Ramdev with respect to his future political aspects and that he has formed a poltical party and so on, then probably we would remain at the same tragic condition where we are today.

Atleast he is the one who is striving to bring a change for a purpose (indeed a good one), which is the need of today.
    Anna Hazare had already taken a lead against corruption and his proposals were in execution when Baba Ramdev joined in and snatched the issue from him. What Baba Ramdev is doing is that he is preparing a plot for his coming political party. Why didn't he actively took part in Anna Hazare's Satyagraha? Why didn't he talked of black money earlier?
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    People who are doubting the intentions of Baba Ramdev should atleast do a background check on him, get to know him & know his objectives. You can't just come out of a cave & start criticizing someone. Baba Ramdev have been a well known name from 1995 onwards.
    There is a huge difference between the popularity of Anna Hazzare & Baba. Anna Hazzare revolutionized India against corruption few months back & became a well known name throughout India. His popularity is also confined to urban areas because of media which is mainly focusing in developed areas. Baba Ramdev is a well name in homes & media for more than 10 yrs.
    So, there is nothing wrong in arranging accommodations for the huge crowd who is supporting him. When a huge crowd of people is involved, you need to take care of people who came out to support you & make sure nothing goes wrong with them. 50 lacs have already claimed support to him.
    Also about the party thing, he had already made it clear that he will not contest in any election, but the party representatives will be there. There is nothing wrong in bringing a new party who want to make things right when we already have 100 parties sucking the countries wealth.
    There is also nothing wrong in inheriting someone's idea for a better good & coming out with full preparation after few months. When we have something so big we ought to have a great preparation. He was supporting Anna Hazare at that time too when he raised his voice against corruption.
    Anna Hazare is himself coming to support him on sunday, why he is not thinking like those people who are criticizing Baba, because he knows him & is concentrating on better good of India. People who are criticizing him are more concern about Baba's own gain when his life is dedicated for countrymen, rather than the revolution which we need it far more than any other nation in the world which has more money in Swiss bank than any other country, given that half the population is under poverty.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Just as I support the movement of Baba, I completely support Vik's opinions written above.
    Waiting for the day when all Indians get rid of the corrupt officials.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I am gonna have to be be neutral on this one.. I neither support nor oppose him..

But, going through the list of his demands, many of them seem to me to be more bizarre and illogical than anything serious..

Abolishing Rs.1,000 and Rs.500 currency notes ===> How is this ever gonna help curtail corruption? I seriously don't think most of the corruption is done in hard cash, anyway. Even if it is, absence of Rs.1000 note doesn't mean you can't pay Rs.1000.

Promoting Hindi at the expense of English ===> Ya, right!! Bring up the anti English propaganda again.. and we people down south will create our own anti Hindi propaganda again.. and then we'll all live happily ever after!!

Reforming the electoral system to ensure that the Prime Minister is directly elected by people ===> Now, I like this idea very much.. Countries like the USA are already doing this.. But the only problem is that, the population of the USA is about one fourth of that of India.. It will be a logistical nightmare to even think of something like this.. But if it somehow gets implemented, then it's great!!
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    I dont think anything can change with one persons effort. People are just 'supporting' him ! not participating in that moment. So in my opinion nothing changes unless people directly come and protest.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I don't agree with him, for the starters his aim is getting votes now. If he was so interested in improving the situation than he should be helping Anna Hazare in forming Jan Lokpal Bill. Whatever he is demanding is already present in Anna's Bill, what else does he wants now. Don't you think he is trying to set a wrong example by doing this. Sitting on a hunger strike every now and then and blackmailing government is not the solution. If he really wants to work for welfare of people i would request him to go and work with Anna. Involving 50 Lakhs people, who respect you, in a movement is not the right way. And one thing i tell you, after few days government will manage to get him off his strike, maybe he and his "Bharat Swabhiman" will get seats in parliament, and "that" money is not going to come back, and we all know that for a fact...!!!!
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    As in our constitution, Government is of the people, by the people, for the people. I don't think that's the case today. Our system has crossed all the limits of mismanagement & corruption. We need change. I will support anybody who is not in the politics & who raises his voice against corruption & awakens the masses, mainly middle class people who are in deep slumber unperturbed by the pain & hunger of poor & suiciding farmers while bureaucrats & politicians are stacking up long towers of cash. Don't you feel, it's too much when petrol prices are raised on a monthly basis & when you see instances of corruption daily. Middle class can atleast survive the rising prices of basis necessity but what about such people whose daily earn is 100/-. It's chaos everywhere, if you can look through the eyes of poor kid who is asking you few coins in platforms & roads.
    It's not blackmailing, it's reclaiming our rights which has been wrongly taken away from us & it gives the impression that it's not a democracy.
    The main point is not Anna Hazare, the main point is the revolution. And Baba Ramdev don't need votes, he is already well known name in every home. Even I don't agree with all the points he mention, what I support is, his objective, that is curbing corruption. He is not a politician, he is a sage. We shouldn't expect him to get everything right in politics. Even if he brings up few feasible changes in our system, that would be great. I did like the idea when I read that he is following footsteps of Anna Hazare because anybody who is well known figure in public & is away from politics can awake the masses against corruption. And I will support any such person.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I am not supporting this government, neither i am against Satyagrah. No sir, i am in full support of Satyagrah until it has Satya in it. We live in a country of over 100 Million people and we follow democracy. If you have some problem with govt then rule them out. I am just saying it would be better if he was spreading awareness in people by reaching to them instead calling them to have a fast with him. And my main point is that if he is so much interested in removing the corruption, than why didnt he started it at Anna Hazare's movement. Why is he doing it now, just after Anna's movement. Isn't it stopping the govt from doing his work. Its like he is the groundsman who prepared the pitch and he wants to open the batting.

Update: I just got to know he has been evicted from Ramleela Maidan and he is with Delhi Police. Now, i dont support it, and its completely wrong. Its dictatorship. You cant stop anyone forcefully from having a silent protest. May be, now, even i can go and sit on a hunger strike....πŸ˜‰
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Government had shown its shaky status when he tried to convince Baba Ramdev many times before he was going to fast because it was aware of the capability of Baba. Now, after arresting Baba, they had shown that they can do whatever they want. They have even tried to blemish his reputation by disclosing the agreement which was taken from his key person after promising that they would agree with his demands. The agreement stated that he would convert the fast to yog siwir after 2 days when government agrees & the agreement was only meant for the eyes of PM. Now, they have made the agreement public, claiming that Baba is just a liar. Government thinks that the public is big idiot who can't understand any of this while they keep on playing the dirty game.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It's disgusting to see Mr. Digvijay coming out now and calling Baba Ramdev a cheat.
    If he and his party thought that he was a cheat, why didn't they issue a warrant against him earlier? What led them to bring out this issue now?
    By the way, Baba Ramdev has given very straight forward justifications about how the amount of money his yogpeeth has in various interviews.
    It's clearly visible now from the way Government took such severe actions at wee hours of night, that they are scared of the public support that Ramdev has and have no plans of agreeing to Baba's demands.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I have certain points of arguments with BABA but the move by government yesterday was disgusting.

After applying every method of stopping the fast, when nothing worked out the dual faced Kapil Sibal showed his true colors.

One clarification-> The letter from Ramdev's associate was taken on a oral assurance that this was only meant for addressing PM.

One lesson to be learnt. Never trust anyone with a written letter for an oral assurance.

Today I have lost trust in this UPA regime.
  • citrus
    citrus
    First of all Baba Ramdev should pay tax on the profits he is earning - then he should take on Anti-corruption issue. And demands should be sensible. Let us discuss the demands.
    -Demolish Rs 500- & 1000- notes, what purpose it will serve? One 100 US dollar note is equivalent to Rs 4500- (approx), yet there is very low level of corruption in USA. If high denomination currency notes promote corruption, then USA should be the most corrupt nation, with 1000 and 100,000- bills in circulation.

Death penalty for corruption. Even three months Imprisonment will be 100 per cent deterrent, if corrupt are 100 per cent sure to get caught. No govt. officer can retain his job after being proved guilty to corruption even in existing laws. Same should be made the case for the politicians.

Honesty comes from within, no body can make a whole society corrupt or honest. Our politicians, bureaucrats, businessmen, etc all are Indians. No foreigner is promoting corruption in India. As a society we all should be alert for our rights and obligations. - Considering the population of India and limited resources present, there will be mad rush for the jobs, positions, licences, etc. and sooner or later we all will be pressed to contact some politician to do us some favour. And it is this favour which ultimately become big corruption. We all know that people who have some votes at their disposal want politicians to fulfil their 'demands', it may be job for son or son-in-law.

Besides, we as society always ensure that persons of our religion or cast should all the benefits - whether they deserve or not is not of much significance. This is also corruption, though no money is involved. When politicians sell some of the jobs, new officers are naturally interested in getting back the lacs of rupees they have paid as bribe in getting the job or plump position. As 99.99 % corrupt are never caught in India, so mad race begins to stack more and more money. From my experience, I know that most of the time it is impossible to prove corruption charges - and most of the people who get caught are ones who do not oblige to their political masters, whether they were corrupt is rarely an issue.

India is also blessed with legalized corruption under the pretext of "Reservation". More incompetent people enter govt. service, because of reservation than corruption. Yet no one, even mighty Babas can think of fighting the menace.

To eradicate corruption in democratic India will not be easy.

Regards
    citrus
  • amitraikcc
    amitraikcc
    i absolutely agree with u

AbraKaDabra
    I feel that media is defaming Baba Ramdev by showing remarks like Baba Ramdev's Fast against corruption is a Five Star Event. It has thousands of fans, air-coolers, LCDs etc.. as opposed to what Anna Hazare did.

What's wrong with doing preparations for the lakhs of people who will be joining him for the fast?

What do you feel about this?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Government has been successful in brutally curbing Baba's movement.
    Looking forward to how Baba Ramdev proceeds with continuing the Satyagraha..
  • spiky
    spiky
    baba ramdev has been corrupt himself.....what he was doing was just to gain popularity.
    his assistants compromise on the cost of 1 day shivir of yoga.
    they go from 20lakhs to 8lakhs.
    he made it a business πŸ˜”
  • FrancisSl
    FrancisSl
    Answer is short and simple.
    NO
    He is doing for his own benefits, not for country. to gain publicity. I supported Anna Hazare's movement because of his clean image. He is the poison in Anna's camp. I dont know how Anna trusted him.
    His demands are unrealistic and it is not possible to pulfil even to a Loyal clean political party.
    Useless leader, Hanging corrupt person to death is not a solution. I have not expected these kind of statement from spiritual leader.
    He is a Dongi baaba, put him inside bars. How many crores he grabed from people.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    citrus
    First of all Baba Ramdev should pay tax on the profits he is earning - then he should take on Anti-corruption issue. And demands should be sensible. Let us discuss the demands.
    ..and how do you know he's not paid his taxes? As far as I know, charitable income is exempt from taxes, right? Which demand do you think in no sensible?

citrus
    -Demolish Rs 500- & 1000- notes, what purpose it will serve? One 100 US dollar note is equivalent to Rs 4500- (approx), yet there is very low level of corruption in USA. If high denomination currency notes promote corruption, then USA should be the most corrupt nation, with 1000 and 100,000- bills in circulation.
    Demolishing higher value notes will restrain people from giving bribes in the form of notes. How's this $100 = Rs. 4.5k example relevant here? Corruption does exist in US to some extent, thanks to the powerful administration they have and strict laws to punish the guilty.

citrus
    Death penalty for corruption. Even three months Imprisonment will be 100 per cent deterrent, if corrupt are 100 per cent sure to get caught. No govt. officer can retain his job after being proved guilty to corruption even in existing laws. Same should be made the case for the politicians.
    Not sure whether you're in agreement or disagreement. There is absolutely no fear in the minds of corrupt that if they get caught, they'll have to pay a heavy price for it. Death penalty is absolute must for those who are involved in corruption to the tunes of Rs. 1 crore and more. Others may get life-sentence or 3 months jail.

citrus
    Honesty comes from within, no body can make a whole society corrupt or honest. Our politicians, bureaucrats, businessmen, etc all are Indians. No foreigner is promoting corruption in India. As a society we all should be alert for our rights and obligations. - Considering the population of India and limited resources present, there will be mad rush for the jobs, positions, licences, etc. and sooner or later we all will be pressed to contact some politician to do us some favour. And it is this favour which ultimately become big corruption. We all know that people who have some votes at their disposal want politicians to fulfil their 'demands', it may be job for son or son-in-law.
    Are you an optimist or pessimist?

citrus
    Besides, we as society always ensure that persons of our religion or cast should all the benefits - whether they deserve or not is not of much significance. This is also corruption, though no money is involved. When politicians sell some of the jobs, new officers are naturally interested in getting back the lacs of rupees they have paid as bribe in getting the job or plump position. As 99.99 % corrupt are never caught in India, so mad race begins to stack more and more money. From my experience, I know that most of the time it is impossible to prove corruption charges - and most of the people who get caught are ones who do not oblige to their political masters, whether they were corrupt is rarely an issue.
    That's why we need a strong lokpal bill to chain these politicians. Currently the leaders are the 'kings' instead of being the 'people's representatives'.

citrus
    India is also blessed with legalized corruption under the pretext of "Reservation". More incompetent people enter govt. service, because of reservation than corruption. Yet no one, even mighty Babas can think of fighting the menace.
    Now that removes my doubt that you are a thorough pessimist. So you are saying there's no solution to the problems and people should let the things the way they are. You don't like someone fighting for a cause. Right?

citrus
    To eradicate corruption in democratic India will not be easy.
    No one said it's easy. But that does not mean steps should not be taken. The fight is long and strong.

Regards
    citrus[/QUOTE]
    ---------------------------------------

FrancisSl
    NO
    He is doing for his own benefits, not for country. to gain publicity. I supported Anna Hazare's movement because of his clean image. He is the poison in Anna's camp. I dont know how Anna trusted him.
    As far as I know, he gets maximum exposure on TV than film stars, politicians and anyone else. The media coverage and TV coverage he gets is worth crores of rupees. Do you really think that he needs more publicity?
    FrancisSl
    His demands are unrealistic and it is not possible to pulfil even to a Loyal clean political party.
    Useless leader, Hanging corrupt person to death is not a solution. I have not expected these kind of statement from spiritual leader.
    ...said the perpetual pessimist. What's so unrealistic about declaring India's own money in Swiss banks as 'national asset'? What's so unrealistic about having a strong lokpal bill? What's so unrealistic about eradicating Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes? Give me the reasons, friend.
    FrancisSl
    He is a Dongi baaba, put him inside bars. How many crores he grabed from people.
    ...and you said that. People donated money to his trust and it's legal in India to do so, right? What about the cheats who've been cheating this country for decades? You don't seem to be in favor of death penalty to them, right?

PS: If anyone wants to get personal about this, hit the Superblog link in my signature and respond to me there.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yes, we should get personal about this. This is OUR country. This is personal property, we have to save it. Biggie got it right. As far as I can see, even if we say that BABA is only pretending to eradicate corruption, at least he is trying something. At least he is not sitting idle like most of us.

Just support him wherever you all feel him to be correct, while we continue to criticize what is wrong.

And one more thing, this discussion is going in a positive way, I like that. So everyone keep it cool. And eat some Dosa as I am now going to eat. πŸ‘
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    FrancisSl
    NO
    First do some background check about the person, his association & his works, before commenting such ridiculous remarks & do read the comments which are posted before.
    What I have observed that many people who are posting these types of remarks in this thread are posting there 1st post. It seems like they are just posting for opposing without knowing the facts & got here directly from google.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    The_Big_K
    As far as I know, charitable income is exempt from taxes, right?
    If this is charitable income ,then how can he spend this income on these satyagrah in providing all the possible facilities to people who support him

The_Big_K
    Demolishing higher value notes will restrain people from giving bribes in the form of notes.
    but it will create problem for many people ,once i saw my father had to transfer a lot of cash ,if i remember it was 90 crore from one bank to another bank ,there were 15 trucks and all of the notes were of 500 or 1000 rs ,i wonder if there will be no 500 rs or 1000 rs , how many trucks will be required
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    sorry i replied twice by mistake
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    goyal420
    If this is charitable income ,then how can he spend this income on these satyagrah in providing all the possible facilities to people who support him.

I think Satyaraha means a "demand for good thing". (Satya+agraha). So he is using this charity for a good thing, isn't it? I compare it with the same thing like the land satyagraha by Acharya Vinoba Bhave.

goyal420
    but it will create problem for many people ,once i saw my father had to transfer a lot of cash ,if i remember it was 200 crore from one bank to another bank ,there were 15 trucks and all of the notes were of 500 or 1000 rs ,i wonder if there will be no 500 rs or 1000 rs , how many trucks will be required
    Well this is what government is telling everyone. It would be difficult to make large transactions by Rs.100 notes. It would take much more money to print required amount of Rs.100 notes once we dismantle 500 and 1000.

One possible suggestion is to provide everyone with a bank account. If it also has an internet facility, well and good. However in Bharat, most of the people do not even have a bank account. Let alone the facility of internet banking.

But we can develop it, can't we? The concept of banning Rs.1000 and 500 notes is good, I think.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    goyal420
    If this is charitable income ,then how can he spend this income on these satyagrah in providing all the possible facilities to people who support him
    Not sure what you are saying. People have donated the money to the trust and the trust is free to use it. He's spending it on people, not on his own comfort, right?

goyal420
    but it will create problem for many people ,once i saw my father had to transfer a lot of cash ,if i remember it was 90 crore from one bank to another bank ,there were 15 trucks and all of the notes were of 500 or 1000 rs ,i wonder if there will be no 500 rs or 1000 rs , how many trucks will be required
    Woa! Any transaction above Rs. 20k should be done through cheques or net banking. Oh yeah, don't quote special cases. Government didn't print 1000 rupee notes to take care of such situations.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    ishutopre
    I think Satyaraha means a "demand for good thing". (Satya+agraha). So he is using this charity for a good thing, isn't it? I compare it with the same thing like the land satyagraha by Acharya Vinoba Bhave.

Well this is what government is telling everyone. It would be difficult to make large transactions by Rs.100 notes. It would take much more money to print required amount of Rs.100 notes once we dismantle 500 and 1000.

One possible suggestion is to provide everyone with a bank account. If it also has an internet facility, well and good. However in Bharat, most of the people do not even have a bank account. Let alone the facility of internet banking.

But we can develop it, can't we? The concept of banning Rs.1000 and 500 notes is good, I think.
    Yes i agree but by spending money on these activities ,which charity he is currently doing
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    goyal420
    Yes i agree but by spending money on these activities ,which charity he is currently doing
    Do you understand the meaning of Charitable Income?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    goyal420
    Manish, Charity means using money for a good cause. Let us make it simple.

I am donating Rs.10,000 to the principal of an orphanage (Which is a trust). The pricipal inturn uses it for the welfare of orphans. Similarly, People have donated money to Ramdevbaba and he is using it for his Satyagraha (For benefit of people).

Now some will ask, if using the money for satyagraha is correct. Yes it is. Those who donated money perfectly understood what they are doing. They trusted Ramdev baba that is why donated money to his trust.

Besides I may be wrong with section, however, money/wealth received in charity is not taxable as per section 80C of income tax in Bharat.

I do not know if anyone is aware about the fact that Ramdev BABA holds an Island off the cost of Scotland. named Cumbrae rechristened as "Island of peace". It was donated to him by NRI's in UK Mr. Sam and Sunita Poddar worth 160 millions INR in 2009. As it is donated, it is not taxable.

In short, his papers are clear and he has not indulged in any illegal activity as far as I am aware.

But I must say Manish, you have raised valid and good doubts. πŸ‘ It was important that we are sure about the credentials of a person we are trusting. I am happy about you. πŸ˜€
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    ishutopre
    Manish, Charity means using money for a good cause. Let us make it simple.

I am donating Rs.10,000 to the principal of an orphanage (Which is a trust). The pricipal inturn uses it for the welfare of orphans. Similarly, People have donated money to Ramdevbaba and he is using it for his Satyagraha (For benefit of people).

Now some will ask, if using the money for satyagraha is correct. Yes it is. Those who donated money perfectly understood what they are doing. They trusted Ramdev baba that is why donated money to his trust.

Besides I may be wrong with section, however, money/wealth received in charity is not taxable as per section 80C of income tax in Bharat.

I do not know if anyone is aware about the fact that Ramdev BABA holds an Island off the cost of Scotland. named Cumbrae rechristened as "Island of peace". It was donated to him by NRI's in UK Mr. Sam and Sunita Poddar worth 160 millions INR in 2009. As it is donated, it is not taxable.

In short, his papers are clear and he has not indulged in any illegal activity as far as I am aware.

But I must say Manish, you have raised valid and good doubts. πŸ‘ It was important that we are sure about the credentials of a person we are trusting. I am happy about you. πŸ˜€
    Thanks ishu for your explanation about charity, really i was not aware of these facts about charity πŸ˜€

I don't know whether baba efforts will be worthy or not , i will just pray for peace in our country.
  • TEGVEER
    TEGVEER
    its right to protest and if the protest is in favour of a nation then it should be unanimited by every person of that nation. but if a person like baba ramdev is conducting protests specially against black money then these types of protests doesn't suits him coz he himself is a landlord who owes undue acres of land, specially that is acquired by govt. from farmers at very less prices and gifting to these types of babas
    pkantham
    My thinking is that after the Anna Hazare movement, a Ramdev movement was not of much use. It's like coming up on the stage with the very same points as the presenter before you. If he really wanted to do his bit, he should have tried to strengthen the Anna Hazare movement, which he doesn't seem to. Looks just like an attention grabbing technique. Maybe that's the reason he is not getting that much publicity.
  • Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    The_Big_K
    ..and how do you know he's not paid his taxes? As far as I know, charitable income is exempt from taxes, right?
    As u hav mentioned it he supposedly gets crores and crores of money as charitable income so obviously he doesn't have to bother about black money or white money...
    moreover he went on strike for the poor if he was so concerned about the poor tell him to help the poor with his money... he has declared part of his assets and that amounts to 450 crores ...and his fast was supposed to be a fast until death why did he break it so soon 'WAS HE SCARED HE WOULD DIE'...and he did this for publicity isn't it evident his yoga programs wouldn't give him half of the publicity he would gain by being national headliner...so cut the cr*p and face facts
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Lightning Bolt
    As u hav mentioned it he supposedly gets crores and crores of money as charitable income so obviously he doesn't have to bother about black money or white money...
    moreover he went on strike for the poor if he was so concerned about the poor tell him to help the poor with his money... he has declared part of his assets and that amounts to 450 crores ...and his fast was supposed to be a fast until death why did he break it so soon 'WAS HE SCARED HE WOULD DIE'...and he did this for publicity isn't it evident his yoga programs wouldn't give him half of the publicity he would gain by being national headliner...so cut the cr*p and face facts
    It's 100% legal to do business in India and there's no law that prevents a saint from getting into business. Plus, it is not at all mandatory for any trust to disclose their revenues. I personally like the fact that Baba Ramdev is promoting Indian products, made entirely in India. I'm sure you'll agree that instead of selling foreign products any country benefits from its own strong manufacturing and retail networks. I see nothing wrong in Baba Ramdev getting into business and making billion of rupees as long as it's legal. Until now, no one has been able to prove that the wealth Patanjali Yog Peeth has received is involved into any illegal activities.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'help the poor with money'. I hope you are not suggesting that he should distribute money among the poor. To the best of my knowledge, Patanjali Yogpeeth provides treatment to patients at very low costs and moreover, they conduct free 'Yog' camps all over India; which I believe is quite a big social service. However, someone fighting against the root cause of all problems, is the need of hour - and I support anyone who's doing that no matter who he/she is.

In case you are not aware - Baba Ramdev has highest TRP than anyone else. His aid has runs a TV channel that dedicates 2-3 hours daily to him and it's alone worth millions of rupees. I don't see any reason a popular person trying to do 'such' activity for more publicity. And common sense tells me, even if he's doing it for publicity - he's raising the RIGHT issues. Which are much more than any person. The cause is more important than anything else.

Why did he break the fast? Well, I think the Government cheated on him by playing dirty politics and then turned a deaf ear. Are you saying that people should die fighting for the cause? I hope you've heard about Swami Nityanand's death because of hunger strike - no one listened to him. Are we reaching a new low now?

I'm wondering why are people interested in 'exposing' baba Ramdev than questioning the government's stance and actions in response to the questions civil society has raised. What's your answer?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I would ask a simple question. Instead of making attempts to expose Baba, isn't it worth more important to question government and its minister's dirty politics?
  • KABIL
    KABIL
    Hai guys!
    He s not fasting for corruption he was getting popularity in it.If he really is fighting for black money means he would join hands wit MR.HAZARE.
    But he s doing alone for his popularity alone.............................
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Well I would like to mention here that Mr. Hazare and Ramdev Baba are fighting together. Though they do not meet each other, they are in contact and support each other's campaign.

Mr. Ramdev is actually target to cleanse the system being in the government by founding his party Bharat swabhiman. Is their any thing illegal/wrong in trying to form a political front to fight corruption and other political evils?

Hope that resolves matter about Ramdev baba. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    KABIL
    Hai guys!
    He s not fasting for corruption he was getting popularity in it.If he really is fighting for black money means he would join hands wit MR.HAZARE.
    But he s doing alone for his popularity alone.............................
    Anna Hazare is fighting for the strong Lokpal Bill while Baba Ramdev's fight is for the Black Money deposited in Swiss Banks. What's wrong with doing a fast for popularity as long as the agenda is in Nation's interest?
  • KABIL
    KABIL
    United we stand divided we falllll
  • Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    The_Big_K
    It's 100% legal to do business in India and there's no law that prevents a saint from getting into business. Plus, it is not at all mandatory for any trust to disclose their revenues. I personally like the fact that Baba Ramdev is promoting Indian products, made entirely in India. I'm sure you'll agree that instead of selling foreign products any country benefits from its own strong manufacturing and retail networks. I see nothing wrong in Baba Ramdev getting into business and making billion of rupees as long as it's legal. Until now, no one has been able to prove that the wealth Patanjali Yog Peeth has received is involved into any illegal activities.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'help the poor with money'. I hope you are not suggesting that he should distribute money among the poor. To the best of my knowledge, Patanjali Yogpeeth provides treatment to patients at very low costs and moreover, they conduct free 'Yog' camps all over India; which I believe is quite a big social service. However, someone fighting against the root cause of all problems, is the need of hour - and I support anyone who's doing that no matter who he/she is.

In case you are not aware - Baba Ramdev has highest TRP than anyone else. His aid has runs a TV channel that dedicates 2-3 hours daily to him and it's alone worth millions of rupees. I don't see any reason a popular person trying to do 'such' activity for more publicity. And common sense tells me, even if he's doing it for publicity - he's raising the RIGHT issues. Which are much more than any person. The cause is more important than anything else.

Why did he break the fast? Well, I think the Government cheated on him by playing dirty politics and then turned a deaf ear. Are you saying that people should die fighting for the cause? I hope you've heard about Swami Nityanand's death because of hunger strike - no one listened to him. Are we reaching a new low now?

I'm wondering why are people interested in 'exposing' baba Ramdev than questioning the government's stance and actions in response to the questions civil society has raised. What's your answer?
    The_Big_K

For starters a swami is someone who has given up his worldly pleasures and money is a form of worldly pleasure get that clear and secondly he didn't declare his assets completely y? thats a question to be answered and bout the foreign products well he owns a scottish island that speaks volumes about his distaste towards foreign materials and moreover i am inclined to believe u urself use a lot of foreign products ...liking is a different thing and doing is a different thing
    and bout 'helping the poor with his money' i mean with the crores and crores of money he posseses he can very well establish high end educational institutions and provide education for the poor for free that would also help development or why not establish industries that wud give jobs as well as promote indian products that would also help and let me remind you he was the one who travelled from haridwar to delhi via private jet and he is the one who charges 50,000 for a front row seat for his yoga classes none of these acts seem 'saintly'
    and please dont tell me he isn't doing this for publicity his yoga programmes reaches only certain sections and u r aware he speaks majorly in hindi only and in certain regions hindi is not spoken... his only way to reach the masses is being a national headliner and how does he do it he uses an object which concerns u and me and this wud be news in every region and that would be carried to every nook and corner in languages people understand and the fact that he wants to start a political party gives him more reason to need publicity
    and about the fast he was the one who claimed that he would fast until death until his voice was heard not the govt. and bout dirty politics he did the same he promised something to the government and did the contrary when they met during the fast and the fact that he passed out within a week of his fast doesn't make good reading for a yogi and the irony is that he was treated with english medicines not his ayurveda y wud he need that wen his yoga can cure 'AIDS'πŸ˜•
    i am not tellin the govt is being good here ,their actions to disperse the fast was uncalled for and they ought to do better
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Lightning Bolt
    For starters a swami is someone who has given up his worldly pleasures and money is a form of worldly pleasure get that clear and secondly he didn't declare his assets completely y?
    True, but it does not mean that a swami cannot come into politics to help people more easily. Politics would give platform for reaching masses. We have examples like Ramdas Swami who used to help Chhatrapati by establishing gymnasiums and instituting in them the feeling of national love. Well Ramdev is taking a step ahead. He is using media for reaching poor and needy isn't it?

Lightning Bolt
    bout the foreign products well he owns a scottish island that speaks volumes about his distaste towards foreign materials and moreover i am inclined to believe u urself use a lot of foreign products ...liking is a different thing and doing is a different thing
    Now what should I say? Do you want to say that the Scottish island of Cumbrae is a foreign product? Can you use it to brush your teeth daily? Foreign products mean those which are foreign. He is opposing those products which are stealing ancient Bhartian knowledge and patenting them.

Lightning Bolt
    and please dont tell me he isn't doing this for publicity his yoga programmes reaches only certain sections and u r aware he speaks majorly in hindi only and in certain regions hindi is not spoken...
    Well is it necessary that he should learn all Languages in present day Bharat to reach whole masses? Can't he use media to reach them instead?

Lightning Bolt
    irony is that he was treated with english medicines not his ayurveda y wud he need that wen his yoga can cure 'AIDS'
    True, I will give you an example. Take a medicine XXX when you are vomiting. It will give you a quick relief from pain. While you can use cloves which will give you long term prevention of vomiting but effects will take much longer time to take action.

lastly regarding crores of money, he is already working for poor. Go through Ramdev's various programs and you will understand how much good they are doing.

If any question regarding the letter given to government and other aspects please go through this thread again. You will find your answers. πŸ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    If you still have questions or if I have forgotten to answer any of those feel free to share them.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    To the best of my knowledge, Ramdev didn't purchase the island. It's been gifted to the trust by Poddar family - which makes perfect sense. But I like the zeal with which you're commenting against Ramdev. It would be interesting to hear your views on Government, actions government took against black money, corruption in India and why India is still a 'developing' nation under several decades of UPA ruling. πŸ˜€
  • Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Bolt
    The_Big_K
    To the best of my knowledge, Ramdev didn't purchase the island. It's been gifted to the trust by Poddar family - which makes perfect sense. But I like the zeal with which you're commenting against Ramdev. It would be interesting to hear your views on Government, actions government took against black money, corruption in India and why India is still a 'developing' nation under several decades of UPA ruling. πŸ˜€

first of all i am no spokes-person of UPA...having said that, the corruption aspect apart,the UPA has not done that bad a job lyk it or hate it the RTI is a major milestone ,the nuclear deal is another especially fr electrical engineers lyk u and me , there is a marked improvement in the economy of the country the BSE which was struggling to cross the 5k mark during the NDA govt is now flirting with 20k ,there has been very less communal violence compared to the NDA regime and though Maran has cheated he saw a gr8 revolution in the telecomm and textile industry,education for all ,rural employment guarantee are seriously gr8 programmes ,waiver of education loan and many more schemes

the corruption is the major concern the 2g and the cwg scams have seriously hurt the government's reputation and invited serious public distaste and DESERVEDLY SO

and people lyk ramdev have taken advantage of it bt atleast till now they hav done a commendable job by not interfering in trials of the accused in these scams

the reason i am advocating against BABA is ,with all due respect i believe he is a cheat my assumption mite b wrong and i dont want my people to blindly follow him and don want him to gain power to ransack my country

and btw i am enjoying this cheers πŸ˜€
    πŸ˜€πŸ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @LB: You sure are a strong supporter of UPA government. I asked your views about government's actions on black money, corruption and why India is 'still' a 'developing' nation and you are answering like Kapil Sibal - circumventing the key issues. πŸ˜‰ ( Don't take it personally, please πŸ˜€ )

For your information, Arvind Kejariwal is THE MAN (he's an engineer! πŸ‘ ) in getting RTI done and implemented. One may debate on the good things done by the Government and the bad things; but I'm quite sure you will agree that the negatives by the government (in terms of scams, policies and black money) will outweigh the good things. I don't see Baba Ramdev and Anna Hajare 'leveraging' the scams to boost their own popularity for any reason. These personalities are already famous and I personally do not see anything wrong with what they are raising their voices against. Congress ruled India for decades now and they have no answer for farmers suicides, corruptions in every strata of the society, scams and black money. Why don't we just stick to the point?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Just a word of suggestion to everyone, for both and against. Please do not use strong words like "cheater", "Scamster" etc. Always remember that this is a friendly and constructive discussion.

Get going with the debate. πŸ˜€
  • Mehakrajkhokar
    Mehakrajkhokar
    There are many people who think that Ramdev baba is doing everything for just some sort of political status.. since,that's what the papers say too.. But,i don't understand that when our laws say that every person has the right to freedom of action,speech and expression, then what is wrong if one person stands on behalf of the whole nation ! And yes, i do agree that maybe to some extent baba is doing it for fame but atleast he stood up..! We can never expect any of our politicians to stand up for fast or any such cause, can we ?
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Surprised to see the thread still going on. I think the fight against corruption is going on in this thread tooπŸ˜€. Corruption is within us, someone gains & someone loses, gainers are obvious force resisting any change. Fight against corruption is tough but things will change. US was in our similar state 70-80 years ago, we will change too.
    Someone pointed out that Baba charges heft amount for front seat, I think there is nothing wrong in charging more to who have enough & investing that money for the needy ones. Do some google search about the various social works his association does.
    The point that Baba Ramdev is doing it for fame is highly contradicting, since he is a well known figure since 1995. He is the most popular yoga tutor in entire world, he toured to many countries for teaching yoga. Even UK Parliament has invited him once to take a session & teach them something about yoga & spirituality. Those who didn't knew about him before this incident, do watch Aastha channel & couple other spiritual channels in the morning & practice some yoga πŸ˜‰.
  • kathrinrich
    kathrinrich
    I thinks that he is there is all good in politics.
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    bt his sum activity are not so worthy.........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I recently had a problem of ants in my keyboard. I kept it in a safe and dry place at night.. and when I opened it the next morning.. there...
The US military is developing software that would allow military personnel to use fake profiles in online chat rooms. The idea is to use social media to spread positive messages...
😁 Hi Guys, If you remember, we had a CE gear store where the merchandise was available on sale. However it was pulled out after some time. Well, we are...
hello everyone, I am doing my masters in computer science. I want to do some research work in neural network. but after wasting my hundreds of hrs. on internet still...
Share all the Engineer Songs and Poems in this thread. If it is self-composed, awesome! πŸ˜€ If it's not, don't forger to mention the source.