Do You Practice Yog?

There are many Yog (Yoga) followers all over the world. It's believed that Yog has immense healing powers and ability to remove stress. Engineers life is full of solving complex problems and it results into stressed engineers who aren't able to give 100% to the work.

I'm wondering how many CEans practice Yog? Have you experienced any benefits from it?

PS: I started practicing Yog since last 4 weeks and I feel better and calmer. I don't get angry quickly anymore ๐Ÿ˜€rolleyes๐Ÿ˜€ and I believe I've a long way to go.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    There are many Yog (Yoga) followers all over the world. It's believed that Yog has immense healing powers and ability to remove stress. Engineers life is full of solving complex problems and it results into stressed engineers who aren't able to give 100% to the work.

I'm wondering how many CEans practice Yog? Have you experienced any benefits from it?

PS: I started practicing Yog since last 4 weeks and I feel better and calmer. I don't get angry quickly anymore ๐Ÿ˜€rolleyes๐Ÿ˜€ and I believe I've a long way to go.
    I used to do it when i was in college but now a days i am irregular. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Nope! ๐Ÿ˜”

The last time I practiced yog was when I was in school!
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Nope๐Ÿ˜”
    I don't even know how to yoga๐Ÿ˜”
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yes i do atlest a half an hour a day ๐Ÿ˜€ but i don't practice a lot of meditation. ๐Ÿ˜ we learn't it at our dance class for the benefit of having more flexibility and stuff. ๐Ÿ˜€

my father recently attended a yoga class and he feels the same changes as biggie ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    maria flor
    Nope๐Ÿ˜”
    I don't even know how to yoga๐Ÿ˜”
    It's actually very simple and easy to do. You may start with the 'Pranayam' (simple breathing exercise). I'll try to find and post relevant videos on Youtube that describe the technique. There are no side effects so you can learn at home ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    i used to practice yoga. i attended few yoga camps also. but i dont do it regularly.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    A good number of people around me do Yog. So they have developed a good control over anger. Now Biggie and CP are in the list too.

Now people don't get angry when I make joke on them. They have become resilient. Welcome to club CP and Biggie. Get ready to face my jokes. :razz:
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    no sorry because i am lazy and i awake too late
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm noticing that my head remains cool for longer part of the day. I've closed to stopped consuming cold drinks, with frequency as low as once/twice a year ๐Ÿ˜€ Feels great!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    There are many Yog (Yoga) followers all over the world. It's believed that Yog has immense healing powers and ability to remove stress. I'm wondering how many CEans practice Yog? Have you experienced any benefits from it? PS: I started practicing Yog since last 4 weeks and I feel better and calmer. I don't get angry quickly anymore ๐Ÿ˜€rolleyes๐Ÿ˜€ and I believe I've a long way to go.
    My mother had four children. She was hypothyroidic. She did not want any of us to get it. I was the eldest and about ten at that time. She put us througha Hata Yoga training. I do yoga regularly (for more than sixty years now). I had posted elsewhere that while in engineering college I had become a hopeless addiict to nicotine. It is only yoga that helped me to reach 72 in normal health and a full time technology development work lasting 52 years now. As an aside, I gave up smoking completely in 1967.

In addition I also do pranayama and meditation (non religious).

Bioramani
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Bioramani: Thanks a lot for sharing this. I daily do "Anulom-Vilom", "Kapal-Bharti", "Bhramari" and "Bahya Pranayam" along with few exercises to keep my back and neck alright.

Indeed, no religion should be attached to Yog as it's just a technique developed by Indians centuries ago.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Finally i am also back to YOGA. Practicing from last two days. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sony announced their Android powered tablets today and we've got lots of tablet photos for you. For the features and specifications, read our coverage here: SONY S1 Media & S2...
Post details about your first vehicle ever. It may be a bicycle, a motorcycle, a scooty or a Car. Write some description about it (and if possible post a photo...
As Engineers, we keep on buying stuff. Post in this thread about the latest cool gadget/device that you have bought. ๐Ÿ˜€ It will help us know what cool products are...
Whenever I see TV Advertisements about mountain biking, I am awestruck. I can't wait to ride one up to the mountains. Since I have no idea about what to look...
What is the alternative software for MS Paint in Mac OS X? There are a lot of image editing tools. I need a basic one.