Do you know dry ice?

Hello friends,
Here i am explaining DRY ICE.Solid carbon dioxide is known as dry ice.It is soft,white snow like substance and looks like ice.However,it does not wet a piece of cloth or paper because it sublimes without melting.Solid carbon dioxide is used as refrigerant under the commercial name drikold.
thank you.
AB MISH
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• funmonster
    funmonster
    abmish
    Hello friends,
    Here i am explaining DRY ICE.Solid carbon dioxide is known as dry ice.It is soft,white snow like substance and looks like ice.However,it does not wet a piece of cloth or paper because it sublimes without melting.Solid carbon dioxide is used as refrigerant under the commercial name drikold.
    thank you.
    AB MISH
    when it is dipped in water produces fumes... check it out...
  • sumitkumarjha
    sumitkumarjha
    dry ice is solid CO2.it is widely used in refrigerating materials while it is being transported.It's main advantage is that it can be casted/sliced into different shapes and gives a refrigerating condition of about -78`C.
  • callyD
    callyD
    It's called dry ice because it doesn't melt into a wet liquid. And dry ice is used to create smoke and fog special effects
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    um, what be this, a show-off thread?
  • imaimen
    imaimen
    Thank you for the information, hope this can improve my knowledge 😀
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Hot ice? difference?
  • martincrow
    martincrow
    Dry ice is used as the cooling agent when there is no mechanical cooling is available, it is useful for the preservation of the frozen foods, and it is the solid form of the carbon dioxide. Dry ice can also be used for the prevention of the insects from the stored grains, in chemical industries it is used to it is used in the chemical reactions to evaporate the organic solvents.
  • vijaya12
    vijaya12
    Hi,

Hello friends,Here i am explaining DRY ICE .Dry ice which is also called as cardice or card ice. It is the solid form of carbon dioxide. Its advantages include lower temperature than that of water ice and not leaving any residue (other than incidental frost from moisture in the atmosphere). It is useful for preserving frozen foods, ice cream, etc., where mechanical cooling is unavailable. The low temperature makes it useful for inserting or removing engine cylinder liners that are held in place by friction. It may also be used to generate carbon dioxide gas to displace oxygen-bearing atmosphere and to carbonate liquids. If u want to find dry ice manufacturers
  • Godfrey
    Godfrey
    Dry ice which is also called as card ice or card ice. It is the solid form of carbon dioxide. Its advantages include lower temperature than that of water ice and not leaving any residue (other than incidental frost from moisture in the atmosphere). It is useful for preserving frozen foods, ice cream, etc., where mechanical cooling is unavailable. The low temperature makes it useful for inserting or removing engine cylinder liners that are held in place by friction. It may also be used to generate carbon dioxide gas to displace oxygen-bearing atmosphere and to carbonate liquids.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hai..can any one help me..how to approach an industry to start a miniproject. iam an ece student
Apple Inc. has just started sending out email invitations to people around the world that says "Come see our latest creation". Top tech blogs are saying that Apple will launch...
Official Website: Home Page - Virtuoso 2010 @ Kumarguru College of Technology Virtuoso `10, is a two-day event primarily focusing on providing a healthy platform for the budding engineers to...
[FONT="]Cross posting from email I received. Suggestions are welcome - [/FONT]I am Oracle apps Techno-Functional consultant . Currently working with CMM-V level company . I would like to seek guidance...
CEans, My friend Ishita Gupta is the co-founder & editor of this wonderful magazine called "fear.less". I strongly recommend all of you to check out the website: [FONT="]https://www.fearlessstories.com [/FONT]