Do you have a retirement plan?

Working in the arena like IT, midst of the possible Lay-Offs and all that, I was thinking to start planning Retirement Plan, and I believe, everyone should start thinking about the same. I think, planning for retirement is a must. Till now, I was in a mood to enjoy my full salary without investing it in any plan. But now, I wish I should. In a book, I found few points about the same - basically suggestions on retirement planning.

1. Think about what standard of living you want; how much money you think you’ll need; and what sort of social life you wish to enjoy.
2. If travel is important to you, make sure your budget allows for this.
3. Sign up for a pre-retirement course.
4. Work out your finances/pensions/investments with your professional adviser.
5. Ask friends or former colleagues who have already retired for their best retirement suggestions. Source: Book - The Good Retirement Guide 2015, 29th Edition

Considering the last point, I would like your suggestions on this @my CE friends.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Koushal Patel
    Ask friends or former colleagues who have already retired for their best retirement suggestions.
    My grandfather used to tell me while I was still at school,'reduce your wants for a contented life'. I have been following that all the time.
    As of now, I still work full time. Nudging 76, I do not have to worry much about planning for the limited balance time left.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    I agree with the below line sir
    A.V.Ramani
    reduce your wants for a contented life
    Could you please advise whether retirement plan also include the money from - Saving as many bucks we can, and investing in some XYZ plan. I have heard TV ads to invest money in so and so plan. I am very bad at the knowledge of these things. Please suggest!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Koushal Patel
    I am very bad at the knowledge of these things. Please suggest!
    I am much worse. However, a young person should take out some life insurance and health insurance for the whole family. Healthcare costs are going up phenomenally. It is better to be ready. There are insurance plan for children's higher education.
    Unless one has the time playing the stock market may not be an option. Various kinds of mutual funds are available. The low risk ones are more suited to older people. Higher risk growth funds may work for younger people giving better returns. There are many investment advisers across the country, who can help one to make a proper choice.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    A.V.Ramani
    I am much worse. However, a young person should take out some life insurance and health insurance for the whole family. Healthcare costs are going up phenomenally. It is better to be ready. There are insurance plan for children's higher education.
    Unless one has the time playing the stock market may not be an option. Various kinds of mutual funds are available. The low risk ones are more suited to older people. Higher risk growth funds may work for younger people giving better returns. There are many investment advisers across the country, who can help one to make a proper choice.
    Great! Thanks for your words! 😀
  • RetirementSite
    RetirementSite
    There are many sites that provide retirement information. The site Retirement And Good Living offers information on many retirement topics and has a great blog of posts by guests from around the globe.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    RetirementSite
    There are many sites that provide retirement information. The site Retirement And Good Living offers information on many retirement topics and has a great blog of posts by guests from around the globe.
    Your statements are OK. Actually, the information from people who have planned it already are the best source of knowledge. Thought it would be better asking this question here than to hear from unknown advisers. After all, we are from same clan. 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi,everyone..during the course of my project in speech recognition,i came across these MEL FILTERS and now i am in need of the details regarding them...can anyone here please help me..?
Just received a branded notepad at my desk. @Ankita Katdare got these awesome looking notepads made for us.
Apple Watch is expected to launch sometime in the month of March, reports 9to5Mac. Apple has not confirmed the launch date, but had promised 'early 2015' during the product launch....
In case anyone's looking for a job at Persistent Systems, take a note of the following mega walk-in drive being conducted by the company at Pune, Bangalore, Coching, Hyderabad, Kolkata...
Exploring volcanoes is a gargantuan, risky experiment that humans can't conduct without the help of robots. In come to the rescue the VolcanoBot designed and developed by NASA at its...