Do we really need desktop mail clients?

I've been wondering whether I need to install a desktop mail client to manage all my email. To tell you frankly, I'm thinking I should stick to all web-mail instead of installing a software to manage my email.

What's your opinion about this?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I never used a mail client.
    Never felt the need for it.

Though, I should say that I dont get a lot of mails daily, and am in no need of sorting and arranging them meticulously.
    I've never used one, so I can't comment on it's advantages, per se.

But web based email management is not so difficult, after all..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    If I were to use a desktop client, it would mainly be for offline archiving purposes and aggregating mail from different email providers (eg gmail, hotmail) into a central location for convenience sake.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I like MS Outlook and Thunderbird, both of them have -
    1. mail archival
    2. mail sorting
    3. Calendar
    4. To-do's

Helps one get organized in work.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey frnz. m in final year of electrical engineering, nd i need to submit my major project as soon possible. so plz, if any1 among u hav any idea, plz...
Original Article Link: https://www.crazyengineers.com/know-your-cean-–-ms_cs/ Your questions, comments in this thread 😀
CEans, This thread is dedicated to the most memorable college life stories. We only want the original ones. Share yours 😀 ! PS: We'll pick up the best stories and...
Hi all programmers here! Problem Statement : A positive integer is called a palindrome if its representation in the decimal system is the same when read from left to right...
Hi , Please make me understand the output of the following code:- #include void main() { char *s1; char far *s2; char huge *s3; printf("%d %d %d ",sizeof(s1),sizeof(s2),sizeof(s3)); }