Do we really need cheer-leaders at Sport Events?

I have been wondering on this for long.

As the name suggests, cheer leaders are supposed to cheer the participants.

But, can the players concentrate on the game if they keep looking for some boosting from cheer leaders? 😕

And by the way, I don't think I will get motivated by cheer leaders who know little or nothing about the game I am playing.. 😲

After all, audience can do the job of shouting slogans supporting their team...

What do you think?

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Yes i still don't understand the concept of cheer leaders !
  • Mahesh
    Mahesh
    I think cheerleaders are good for the game.As far as cheerleader concept is concern, they represent their region or group just like players. They are like a music band who entertains people when players are off the field for timeout or break. They add another dimension to any game.
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    I don't think cheer leaders are helpful in any way. The crowd out there is always cheering for their respective team-players.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    AbraKadabra
    And by the way, I don't think I will get motivated by cheer leaders who know little or nothing about the game I am playing.. 😲
    Some fans also know very little of the sports they are following, and have their own reasons to support the players 😉 Having said that, I also do not see the point of cheerleaders. They've now become something to fill the entertainment during half time (such as basketball) rather than cheering fans and players alike.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

.... a very less talked of Engineering Branch. We all know about plastic. But very less is known about what goes behind the creating of plastics that is ruling our...
I tried to make a little parody of the Song "Waving Flag" by Knaan, after I couldn't stop listening to it since the World Cup 2010 Inauguration. When I get...
hello every one....i am planing to conduct a techfest in our colg so plz any one can help by suggesting some events,...........
CEans, CE takes pride in having members like CEan View Profile: optimystix - CrazyEngineers Forum who always go that extra mile to make things happen and help others. I had...
hello everyone, i have just joined in this forum and i am feeling very excited about it as i find this forum very helpful. coming back to what i wanted...