Do we need reservation in India?

Education sector, government jobs in India is generally based on reservation quota. These reservation system helps to bring up students. On the other hand, talented student miss there chance.

Bring out your views.

Replies

• mail154
    mail154
    Its Good on one hand but completely different on others. For Instance take the Education Sector, At First, the top universities seats will be filled then the local government colleges,then reputed self financing colleges and then the rest..the candidate without any reservation though has a good percentage than others, can't get a good one where as the person under the quota opt for the top university getting a very much lesser percentage..is it fair? the talented ones will surely miss their chance which they deserve.its very unfair. the talented students should given their chance.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    But the norms are made and in the olden days to encourage some sectors this was followed But now a days It is turning out to be a hinderance for students excellence

Hope it changes
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    'Reservation' is another reason which disrupts the unity in India. First they want to treat all equally & then they fight for the reservation in education & government sectors.How can you expect the equality ?

The main purpose of reservation was to give minor caste people the opportunity, so that increase their standard of living & can grow. But now-a-days 'minor caste' is no longer 'minor'. They have turned into 'major' & they're no longer poor. So shun this act. Our government is acting as if the Indian laws were made from heaven.
    Come on grey headed plutocrates, use your brain.
  • mail154
    mail154
    Conqueror
    But the norms are made and in the olden days to encourage some sectors this was followed But now a days It is turning out to be a hinderance for students excellence

Hope it changes

Exactly. the other one was right,they are no longer minor..if they want to get into top position they have to work for it. we may provide facilities for that so that they will reach heights. but what actually happens is not encouraging them to do work but they are fulfilled that due to reservation they can get anywhere.these hugely affects the non-reservation category.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I support reservation upto college level.But I hate the reservation for goverment posts and any thing higher than college.
    So that talented students dont get depressed and this will work like a chain were talents lead to new technology,adminstration skills,methods, and ultimately towards the upliftment of the country.
  • Mehak Rajkhokar
    Mehak Rajkhokar
    Reservation system was made years back to bring a positive change in the society.. Basically,to encourage the minorities and give them equal status.. But now i think it has taken a different turn.. I Personally feel that if the government wants equality , then they should select people on merit basis and not depending on their category.. and yes, fees should also be applicable depending on the annual income of the people, rather than the category of the person..
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Still there are many, many tribal groups living in forests who don't even know what is a computer and what is English. We are aliens to them. Gradually Govt started mobilizing them. Its not easy to make them to get in to Private jobs or Govt jobs. Their education is so so dull and they can't afford to pay much for their education and they are not aware and a part of the civilized society. This is also the case with women. People says women don't need reservation and you see we have lots of girls in our college, we have lots of women in our office, we have lots of MLAs and MPs. That's not true. Still women are subjugated to a lot. We don't have even a single woman chief justice of India. After a long time, we had only one single woman president of India and like this I've a quite a many to say. Govt is really taking very good measures for encouraging the vulnerable sections of the society. For women, SHGs are doing an Awesome job.

I can say, India still needs Reservation to an extent to get hold of the most vulnerable sections of the society.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    When the concept of reservation was introduced, Dr Ambedkar already specified that it could be manipulated on various levels and thus it is the responsibility of the government to remove this system as soon as its need is done. Like in a period of 10-20 years. But what Congress did is made it a vote bank. This has completely redefined the concept of reservation and thus this question now arises after 60years, Is it needed?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Nayan Goenka
    When the concept of reservation was introduced, Dr Ambedkar already specified that it could be manipulated on various levels and thus it is the responsibility of the government to remove this system as soon as its need is done. Like in a period of 10-20 years. But what Congress did is made it a vote bank. This has completely redefined the concept of reservation and thus this question now arises after 60years, Is it needed?
    Yes you are right. He mentioned that it can be removed if it fulfilled its objective. It still didn't fulfilled the need. Not a matter of time, once the need is done, it can be removed. NO objections for that 😀
    But as for now what I'm saying is India still need reservation.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    @#-Link-Snipped-# The main reason you are supporting India in need of reservation is that the need isn't fulfilled yet. Correct. But you missed one aspect. Why isn't the need fulfilled yet ? Its because it never worked as it was supposed to work. Instead of opportunities for truly deserving people, it was converted into vote bank politics and the need will never be fulfilled this way. It is a law of eternity now.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Nayan Goenka
    @#-Link-Snipped-# The main reason you are supporting India in need of reservation is that the need isn't fulfilled yet. Correct. But you missed one aspect. Why isn't the need fulfilled yet ? Its because it never worked as it was supposed to work. Instead of opportunities for truly deserving people, it was converted into vote bank politics and the need will never be fulfilled this way. It is a law of eternity now.
    So instead of saying something should be scrapped, can you make a suggestion what should be implemented as an alternative?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Nah, you should not scarp something since it is being misused. Try to find faults in the implementation and make it better. Don't forget about the beneficiaries. What policy makers used to tell is - If you are in a dilemma that your work is being misused, just think one point - Does the work you are doing is going to help daridra narayan in the country? If yes, go ahead and the next comes next - It is the philosophy of our father of the nation. The problem is always not with the laws but with the implementations. That's why Govt these days came up with DBT. I wish even the reservations should be cover under the DBT and Aadhar. Then we can reduce the malfunctions.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Great discussion going on, but I would suggest please continue your discussion in chit chat section. As this is an India Centric thread which people from other countries dont find it quite useful.

Not moving this, as this is an age old thread!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

KFC is the second largest chain of fast food restaurant which specializes in fried chicken. Also it has made a great marketing in India. I doubt, why Indian Idli, which...
UK's government wants to speed up the travel and don't want you to wait hours in flight while traveling from UK to Australia. They want to shorten the travel time...
hi friends presently am working on Mentor Graphics PADS ,as i installed on Windows Xp its working coming to Win7 getting licence issue, any body know what to do ?....
You might be unaware of a management domain - called laboratory animal management. But this robot seems to have a Ph.D in it. The robot developed by Nikkoyo Technos and...
I am looking for a list of websites from where I can download 2d drawings with dimensions of mechanical parts like engine, robot, car etc... for 3d modeling practice.