Do we need hidden cameras in colleges??

Some of the colleges have hidden cameras in colleges to monitor whether students listen to the lectures in class with full attention and to know whether they are regularly attending all the classes.To avoid some conflicts between students,know the performance of the lectures,hidden cameras are essential!

What do you think?Should hidden cameras made as mandatory in all the colleges??

Replies

• maria flor
    maria flor
    I think hidden cameras are needed to colleges in order to know whether the students are paying attention during class and also to know if the teacher is really doing well in his/her job. Hidden cameras may also provide protection and security to all the students within that college.
    Hidden camera being mandatory??? It can't be, many colleges would surely oppose to that.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This is a really interesting topic. Hidden cameras would solve different purpose - but not the primary purpose of making students attentive in classes. It'd just pressurize the students and may make them feel that they've taken a wrong decision to chose the college for engineering studies.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    I don't think so there is any need of hidden camera in colleges if we are taking from studying perspective to not joining classes or discipline at the engineering level,at the school level we can expect this.

AS the biggie said:it just increase the pressure to the students...
    and for the lectures performance ..Director may take feedback from students. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    coming to this thread i had a small conversation with my hod sir
    he told that if you make noise again and again we have to keep cameras
    until that we dont need cams
    in my view this is sufficient answer
  • Viraj Voditel
    Viraj Voditel
    Never! In college, students are expected to have reached a certain maturity level so that they can take their own decisions. It should be left to them on whether they want to attend lectures, or take notes etc. If the students do not attend college, it is their loss in the long run. If anything is made compulsory, it is human nature to oppose it in some way. Hence, I believe that cameras and stuff should not be installed. It would also incur unnecessary losses in terms of money to the college.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Most of the students used to message their friends and listen songs in the class even though using mobile phone is banned.Few people talk on phone using bluetooth headset when the lectures are taking class.If there is no hidden camera how to avoid such things??How can a lecture keep an eye on all students??
  • lal
    lal
    According to me, its really unnecessary to implement hidden cameras in colleges. You are in college just to study? Lol. Enjoy it... Its the most beautiful times in a lifetime. A college is where we begin our life(at least for me). We start living here. Start solving complex problems, starts sharing, helping and enjoying. Even learns how to subside the immense tension during exams, with a simple smile..

A bit of talking in class or messaging in the mobile or even making a call is not going to make you fail in any exam. These are all, kind of, fun. I dont want to sit in the class as if I am in a primary class. Almost all will be 18 at the time of joining college and I think, at this age, all are mature enough to understand what they are doing.

Make as much funny memories as you can. Because, when you get old, the memory of a professor taking a class wont make you laugh or happy but a prank with friends can.

I guss this post misses a touch of proffesionalism ๐Ÿ˜‰ and may be un-acceptable to some. Anyway, I dont want my golden days to be ruined by some spying cameras.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Most of the students used to message their friends and listen songs in the class even though using mobile phone is banned.Few people talk on phone using bluetooth headset when the lectures are taking class.If there is no hidden camera how to avoid such things??How can a lecture keep an eye on all students??
    we can avoid by making the class interesting as my faculty does
    they make jokes and makes class interesting when we look as bored
    why cant do like that
    then there is no need of cams or even stress on students and faculty and relationship between faculty and students can be improved
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    For:I think there is no need to fear a camera as we don't indulge in a bad activity.Any way wherever public properties are at stake like libraries or computer centers in college,cameras are necessary.

Against:Students are after all young people.They are going to do some mischiefs.But they are all the same responsible people.
    We should definitely oppose any such move as installing a camera would mean that you don't trust young generation
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    I don't think that it is a nice idea to install hidden cameras in the classrooms. The students should themselves understand the importance of the lectures. And then what can a student do instead o9f getting bored and slacking off if the teacher himself/herself in not serious with the teaching? A teacher studying the students properly just because he/she is under surveillance is not right.

As said, you cannot win anything by force or pressure. You have to win it by your own rightful means. Same goes here for the students as well as for the teachers.
  • dinsh.mintu
    dinsh.mintu
    no, study or not to study depends on us. If ccs r used, its shame on u students.
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    absolutely not..if the culture of the college is good, no need of cameras. if u fix cameras the college will be like doubting its own potential and culture. students now a days are matured enough.
  • Carpe_diem
    Carpe_diem
    Hidden cameras should not be used for the reasons the OP described. However, students should be able to carry hidden cameras for security reasons. At my college, a knife was held to my throat for snitching on a thief. That person got away with it because there were no witnesses. Seeing this guy, now and then, in the hall was scary. As long as the student doesn't monitor restrooms, locker rooms, private conversations, and teacher lectures.
  • andyKane
    andyKane
    Cameras like cctv and all- fine! (they do exist in library to keep an eye if someone is stealing or something) but why "hidden" camera?? I mean, are we running a sting operation here???
    And cameras in class rooms won't do any good. They can have it, but students are going to do all those things they want to do! (like mobile texting etc etc).. In India, the culture is good. So "hidden" cameras are not necessary at least in "classrooms" ๐Ÿ˜›
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    If these people are ready to put hidden cameras, then they have the power to put it in the private areas too. Seriously, now where is the privacy? It needs to be banned.

As NarayanaMurthy said, it should be in this way. If the classes are interesting, why they would need someone to police the students??? The fault is in the faculty side! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    The fault is in the faculty side!
    hehehe nice joke buddy but i dont support you because it is wrong
    its not faculty fault too its total management fault and education system fault because now education became commercial
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    narayana murthy
    hehehe nice joke buddy but i dont support you because it is wrong
    its not faculty fault too its total management fault and education system fault because now education became commercial
    Awesome man! Agreed... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

int i = 1; i = i + 1.2; would result in compile time error. I understand that i + 1.2 would result in a float which can't be assigned...
Computers has become a part of our life.There is no world without computers.We depend on computers for everything.Computers are almost used in all the fields.We cannot ignore the importance of...
1.Why did you resign from your previous job?? 2.Why have you been out of work for so long?? 3.Why have you had so many jobs?? 4.Tell me about a situation...
1.Why do you want to work at our company?? 2.What is the difference between hard work and smart work? 3.How do you feel about working nights and week end? 4.can...
Second international conference on Advances in Computer science will be held during dec 20-21, 2011 in Noida.In this conference some of the theory and applications of computational engineering,computer and telecommunication...