Do video lectures actually replace teachers....

Hello,

So finally I too got something to share with all the engineers round the world....

My question is : can video lectures that are available on various sites replace teachers and professors teaching at various institutes or they do have an important role to play in our education despite the advent of technology??

Replies

• Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    I think it is not possible that video lectures actually replace teachers. video lectures just a technical advantage to students. for example if we have video lecture then we revise our topic or that particular lecture any time.which was not possible in past .I am very positive towards video lectures like idea it bridge technology to teaching.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Video lectures are not so personal as teacher's interaction with student. So they can be extra info source to a student but they can never replace students
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I think videos can replace *Lecturer* but not the Teacher.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Very true #-Link-Snipped-#
    A teacher has a personal interaction with his/her students and understands them well and the way how their problem can be solved.
    But the video lectures are a few hours studies with students which can be useful but not personal as in class..
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    A video lecture is a one way communication while a lecture delivered in person can be a two way communication process. In presence of a teacher, you can listen and ask questions. The teacher will respond to it. The teacher may ask questions and hears you out.

Having a video conference for delivering lectures is a better way to do it. So the divide created by physical presence is bridged and at the same time it allows enough interactions
  • suganya devi
    suganya devi
    For many students, teachers are their biggest inspiration which tends them to show more interest towards the subject!!! Each student has his/her own interest towards specific subjects which is mainly because of the teacher who handles it...but in video lectures there would'nt be any difference relating to subjects ,in which learning becomes boring!!!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    It's all depends on what you are learning.

For example: If you want to learn mathematics or programming, you need an expert professor who can teach you the basics in the manner in which you will understand.

If you want to learn about the mechanics of a car, or about the various modules through which it is built, a video is the best option.

However you learn, the amount of interest level a student can put forth to understand a subject and the amount of patience and time he/she takes to sit and actually study will all depend upon the grasping power of each individual.

P.S.: In my opinion, even if you take less time to study, concentrate on it completely, and you'd definitely understand better.

Lectures often turn out to be boring because we don't concentrate enough - we are humane after all!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

good day sirs and madams, i happened to pass by this video on youtube, a candy cannon, and it seems cool, im just wondering what possible applications can i apply...
I think the title is quite explanatory. But is there any foolproof way of reporting "bad" or "violent" content on Facebook? at least on our account? P.S: I think GOI...
The National Geographic has come up with some interesting info on Mayan myths and more. https://news.nationalgeographic.com/..._content=inside_20121222&utm_campaign=Content https://news.nationalgeographic.com/..._content=inside_20121222&utm_campaign=Content https://news.nationalgeographic.com/..._content=inside_20121222&utm_campaign=Content https://travel.nationalgeographic.co..._content=inside_20121222&utm_campaign=Content
The world's widest bridge (cable stayed) that was recently opened in Vancouver had to be closed because ice collected on the cables rained down on the ten lane traffic below,...
Come 2015 NASA astronauts (astronuts if CEans!) will don a rear entry space suit. They will enter into the full suit from behind and close the hatch. Apparently this reduces...