Do traffic signals are programmed in a certain manner?

I may sound meaningless, but I have observed a strange thing which I want to share very eagerly. 😀
I cross almost 15+ signals driving bike to office to and fro each time. Out of 15, there are consecutive 7 signals which always show Green when I drive at a speed of 40 to 45. The traffic remains of medium level at that time. So, I never drive more than 40-45 speed while being on that road. This makes me feel good because I don't have to stop on every stops + My bike must be feeling happy (Lesser number of brake and clutch use, am sure less petrol-loss for the same).

I am very curious to know whether these signals are programmed as per the speed limit rules. (Speed Limits In India to see wiki link for speed limit in India.)
OR, is it nothing but my conception or you can say mis-conception. 😀
It does not happen to me on these 7 signals road only. In weekends, when I apply this 40-45 KMS/Hr rule to a long route, I get the same result of being signals green. I am not saying, it works 100% for me, but just asking. 😀

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I am new to the forum. Iwas just passing by and decided to drop in and say Hi. I am interested in making model engines (steam and stirling). Is...
Xiaomi Inc, one of the leading smartphone manufacturers, has introduced brand new products at a much awaited global launch event held today. In addition to Mi Note and Mi Note...
If there's one thing that hasn't seen any innovation over the past few decades it's the traffic lights. We still use the infrastructure based traffic signal lights on every major...
If you've been waiting for the Datsun Go+ MPV to start rolling on Indian roads, here's a great news from the company. After unveiling the hatchback at Delhi Auto Expo...
hi i am Nikhil. i am a mechanical engineer and working in the field of marine engineering for last 12 yrs. I am in subsea construction field. My hobbies are...