Do Solar Industries use any lubricant oil?

Good day to everyone,

I'm fresh graduated and would like to ask for someone opinion regarding above issue.
Please some one help me for my understanding. Thanks and appreciate for the help.

Replies

• archlpe
    archlpe
    ibenjiz
    Good day to everyone,

I'm fresh graduated and would like to ask for someone opinion regarding above issue.
    Please some one help me for my understanding. Thanks and appreciate for the help.
    what do you mean by solar industries? do you want to say solar power plants?
  • ibenjiz
    ibenjiz
    archlpe
    what do you mean by solar industries? do you want to say solar power plants?
    Yes, sorry for the typo writing. Does any solar power plant using any lubricant oil?
    What type of equipment or machine that they using to produce solar power in their plant?
  • archlpe
    archlpe
    solar power plants are either solar thermal or photovoltaic based. photovoltaic solar power plants do not require anything but large area, photovoltaic cells, inverters, transformers, transmission lines and electric panels.

there is least use of lubricating oil as per my understanding in this case.

Solar thermal power plants utilize the sun's energy to produce steam and once the steam is generated it acts like a conventional thermal power plant.
  • ibenjiz
    ibenjiz
    archlpe
    solar power plants are either solar thermal or photovoltaic based. photovoltaic solar power plants do not require anything but large area, photovoltaic cells, inverters, transformers, transmission lines and electric panels.

there is least use of lubricating oil as per my understanding in this case.

Solar thermal power plants utilize the sun's energy to produce steam and once the steam is generated it acts like a conventional thermal power plant.
    So, what type of lubricant oil was used?
    Example like hydraulic oil, gear oil or any maintenance oil used??
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    solar radiation is used to heat the water and convert it to steam, and this steam is used to run a steam turbine.

well the lubricant oil used in this turbine is the same as that used in the steam turbine used in thermal power plants.(even though i don't know what that is , must be some SAE grade oil).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My name is jayson parba. . .A com sci student. . . . I'm very thankful of this site because it help me in my programming project, specially to Mr....
Anomymous infiltered into Booz Allen Hamilton consulting firms servers, holding thousands of military emails. It later produced a bill addressed to the company, stating it needed no efforts to break...
hello i am an aerospace student doing my II year B.Tech in Karunya University Coimbatore. Can you please send me some paper presentation topics for my course.Can you please email...
An energetic and young civil engineer striving for new and innovative ideas in construction industry.
Beginners Tutorial: Handling errors in C ( Use of errno.h ) Hello CEans! In the following tutorial, you will learn how to handle the wrong data entered by users. INTRODUCTION:...