Do single ticks get converted into double ticks if the person I sent a text reinstalls WhatsApp after uninstalling it?

Hey, here is something I've observed and need some validation on:

Friend A sent whatsapp message to friend B AFTER B uninstalled WhatsApp. Friend A sees only single ticks - understandable. Friend B reinstalls WhatsApp after 7 days - it is my understanding that they will get the message friend A sent (as long as they reinstall within 30 days). Does friend A however see a single tick only at this point of time or a double tick?

What if the 7 days duration is reduced to 1 or 2 days? Do the single ticks ever get changed to a double tick? I have been friend A and the single ticks remained single always (I don't know if B got message I sent after B reinstalled the app after 7 days). Now I'm friend B and I'm wondering if friend A has a single tick as well and since I reinstalled the app a day later, I got the message A sent AFTER I uninstalled the app but is their single tick going to be a double now?

Replies

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande

Well what I understand in Whatsapp is -

If the message is sent from A to B and  B has de-installed the app then B will never see it . If B freshly installs the app - it will not retrieve the messages that may have missed.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

WhatsApp ticks aren't very reliable, IMHO. Ideally, 'A' should see double-ticks; if they've received the message. WhatsApp stores messages on the servers and delivers them only when the recipient is available. 

I doubt they track whether the receiver has the app installed or not. Only possibility could be that they've disabled read-receipts. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, I need some help. I'm trying to find a good topic about Heat, Mass Transfer and Multiphase flow. The Utilization of Energy to do a project in university. 
Motivated i should be after seeing that quote.do you have any such?
Please suggest final year civil projects based on structural analysis
It is a steel connection, but I can't find any reference/s to it. I hope someone will answer it. Thank you.
Vacuum pump mainly consists of pump body, rotor, blade and intake and exhaust ports. When the driving torque rotates the rotor through the engine camshaft and vacuum pump connector, the...