Do paper presentations help in getting job?

is it doing paper presentations during any college symposium and events worth????
my actual question is what is actually the use in doing paper presentations????
will it be a bonus while showing these certificates in interview??

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    m.vivekanandan
    is it doing paper presentations during any college symposium and events worth????
    No. In my opinion, there is no use of paper presentations for getting a job. Paper presentation is basically aimed at research and development.

The presentations at college level do not count much.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    m.vivekanandan

Not at all. But It helps in improving your presentation skills, which indirectly helps in getting a job.
    Interviewer will not ask you to show any certificates like these .....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think it entirely depends on the kind of paper you present. For your regular run of the mill paper presentation contests/events conducted by colleges; I doubt whether simply presenting a paper would add any weight to your resume.

But if the topic of your presentation is interesting & can answer questions on it; you might just have an edge over others.

The generic answer would be, 'no' the paper presentations won't help much in getting a job.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    On a slightly different note, why not try presenting paper in some international journal? It would be much beneficial than Powerpoint presentation.

Plus, as you will work in the direction of research, you might find some good opportunities in your way.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Issue: That'd require extra-ordinary & in-depth study. 99% of the student are still stuck with 'nano-technology' as the 'latest technology' since year 2001.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @Biggie: I guess you are right.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    It depends on three factors...
    1. Content: What you are presenting...
    2. Presentation: How you are presenting...
    3. Use: How is it gonna help you get the job or career...
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The interviewer may ask you questions related to your presentation topic. So you must know it front and back! 😁
    Dancer_Engineer
    The interviewer may ask you questions related to your presentation topic. So you must know it front and back! 😁
    In and out suits better!!! πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dancer_Engineer
    Indeed. I remember we were conducting a recruitment drive in Kolkata. The candidate I was interviewing said that he's done a paper presentation on 'Photosynthesis'. 😨

So I began asking questions on Photosynthesis and asked him what exactly happens in photosynthesis. He couldn't answer. I had to reject him.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    @Biggie, 😁
    But seriously, paper presentation on 'Photosynthesis'. 😁
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Dancer_Engineer
    For fresher's interview it helps, because interviewer knows every candidate did his graduation from xyz college but what you have extra did ?? A innovative project,Paper presentation, extra curricular activity, seminar everything matters.
    It also show in which areas you are inerested in and your knwledge about, what you have written in CV.
  • Evon Barry
    Evon Barry
    If you present well then any thing any option you choose and impress the recruiter, so best of luck.
  • m.vivekanandan
    m.vivekanandan
    paper presentation is actually for the ones who do research work right ????
    m.vivekanandan
    paper presentation is actually for the ones who do research work right ????
    Not only them, but anyone who is interested in finding out new things and stuff, can present their version of ideas...
  • m.vivekanandan
    m.vivekanandan
    but why undergraduate students who learn basic concepts need paper presentations??? to improve presentations skills???
    m.vivekanandan
    but why undergraduate students who learn basic concepts need paper presentations??? to improve presentations skills???
    Yes, even that can be one of the reasons!!! πŸ˜€
  • imgopi
    imgopi
    PPT' will help u in the interviews,
    In the last month i attend Infosys campus interview,totally 13,00 students attend the 1st round
    only 69 people pass through in that.
    And only 49 students are selected in final round,it shows that they eliminate 20 students from 69
    so in the final round that is in HR ROUND they never ask about certificates , but u can show it to them
    then it will help u a lot
    and
    i presented 18 papers and having 5 prizes but am not pass through in first round.So finally my idea is
    .........................1)First well prepare on VERBAL and Aptitude
    2)Then in the HR u can show all your skills
    If u are not good in 1st round then maintaining the PPT certificates is of no use friend.
  • imgopi
    imgopi
    When you present any paper then you know in what skills you are lagged in and how others are different from others and there is a scope of improving your soft skills and also knowledge about the recent technologies in your field.
  • m.vivekanandan
    m.vivekanandan
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • m.vivekanandan
    m.vivekanandan
    thea reason why i posted this thread is many of my classmates are going to colleges where ever there is a ppt competion and i was just confused whether to follow my fellow mates or not???? so one the whole doing ppt is just a unwanted extra feather in the crown right???
    m.vivekanandan
    thea reason why i posted this thread is many of my classmates are going to colleges where ever there is a ppt competion and i was just confused whether to follow my fellow mates or not???? so one the whole doing ppt is just a unwanted extra feather in the crown right???
    If you wanna present some papers, you go ahead, and it would be an added advantage for you for sure! πŸ˜€
  • imgopi
    imgopi
    m.vivekanandan
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Yes first you can improve aptitude and verbal parts then go for your technical skills and then PPT'S.
  • m.vivekanandan
    m.vivekanandan
    for preparing aptitude which book is best???
    r.s aggarwal????
  • imgopi
    imgopi
    R.S Aggarwal is best but
    In the aptitude round the time duration is very limited so prepare well
    In Infosys Writtentest only 69 out of 13,00 aspirants are qualified.
    m.vivekanandan
    for preparing aptitude which book is best???
    r.s aggarwal????
    It is best, but also try Shakuntala Devi's puzzles...
  • imgopi
    imgopi
    The Interview pattern varies from one company to other so first prepare list of companies and then prepare according to that.
    imgopi
    The Interview pattern varies from one company to other so first prepare list of companies and then prepare according to that.
    Yeah, right... Considering the top most companies, RS Aggarwal is good for TCS and Shakuntala Devi is good for Infy... πŸ˜€
  • m.vivekanandan
    m.vivekanandan
    in general english ,what is cloze test and what does it test???
    m.vivekanandan
    in general english ,what is cloze test and what does it test???
    A cloze test (also cloze deletion test) is an exercise, test, or assessment consisting of a portion of text with certain words removed (cloze text), where the participant is asked to replace the missing words. Cloze tests require the ability to understand context and vocabulary in order to identify the correct words or type of words that belong in the deleted passages of a text. This exercise is commonly administered for the assessment of native and second language learning and instruction.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    what about presenting a paper in conference?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aarthivg
    what about presenting a paper in conference?
    If your paper gets selected for a conference of some repute; it's going to be added advantage. But the 'college level' paper presentation contests won't really add value. That's my personal opinion though.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    The_Big_K
    If your paper gets selected for a conference of some repute; it's going to be added advantage. But the 'college level' paper presentation contests won't really add value. That's my personal opinion though.
    My paper got selected. But I am confused whether to go for it. Its a national conference for PG, and Industrialist. But I am doing UG only.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is there any one from 2nd yr mechanical dept who is ready for combine study for gate and other competitive exams????
I have Nikon camera. Today, when i used it, it said "Battery Exhausted" and it's showing the same thing again & again. I have checked the manual. It has written...
There is a story which happened many years ago about an elementary teacher. Her name was Mrs. Thompson. As she stood in front of her fifth grade class on the...
I am designing a manual press tool, for installation of frets for stringed instruments. What I need help is how long the lever should be? While the requirements is pressure...
Wall of Knowledge at the Stockholm Public Library, Sweden​ ​​​The Stockholm Public Library is one of Stockholm’s most notable buildings. The library was opened in 1928 and designed by Gunnar...