Do Nothing For 2 Minutes By Creator Of Million Dollar Homepage

The famous creator of MillionDollarHomePage, POP JAM CEO Alex Tew is now back with a new viral idea and it's "Do Nothing For 2 Minutes". He along with developer Ben Dowling has launched "#-Link-Snipped-#" . The purpose of the site is very clear. Visit the site and do nothing for two minutes!

[​IMG]
DNF2M

You might think is it really that difficult? Well not really if you're an Internet addict. I failed the test once because of my impatience so it's quite a challenge not to do anything for 2 minutes. Head over to the site and try it out, I'd be interested in knowing your result. The site has already attracted tens of thousands of visitors within just few hours of it launch and as I write this it has over 15000 Facebook likes. Alex said the following about the idea behind DNF2M :-

“I had been thinking how we spend every waking minute of the day with access to an unlimited supply of information, to the point of information overload. i also read somewhere that there is evidence that our brains are being re-wired by the internet, because we get a little dopamine kick every time we check our e-mail or Twitter or Facebook and there’s a new update. So we’re all developing a bit of ADD. which is probably not great in terms of being productive.”

Alex had raised $1 million for his first viral idea - Million Dollar Home Page which sold 1 pixel on the homepage for $1. Call him a genius or a stupid. He surely understands the power of Internet and what how to go viral. What's your take on Do Nothing For Two Minutes?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sony has come up with yet another ravishing series of VAIO notebook. The attractive VAIO YB series laptop was launched in the pre-show event at the Consumer Electronic Show 2011. ...
Aspire TimelineX 4820T is the latest in Acer's TimelineX Series. The TimelineX series features extended 8+ hours battery, HD 16:9 LCD Screen & Dolby Home Theatre V3. In addition, the...
AKAI TRIO is Triple Sim Mobile has been recently introduced by AKAI Mobiles in India. Now that multi-SIM phones have been a rage in India, TRIO features 3 GSM SIM...
Motorola Defy is rumored to launch in India on January 24. The android powered rugged device is supposed to be priced around Rs. 22,000 in India. The device has android...
German scientists and researchers from Fraunhofer Society have developed a tiny projector that can work even in Sun-lit room and produce image/video quality comparable to that of HDTVs. The prototype...