Do Indian Brands No Prefer Being Known As 'Indian'?

India is totally obsessed with all things 'foreign' and I'm wondering whether Indian brands really want to be identified as Indian. Has 'Made In India' become synonymous to being 'cheap' and 'low quality'? Please share your thoughts and opinions.

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Did you mean to say "No Longer"?

Well, to your question, kind of yes, because, when something is said Indian, they feel the quality isn't good and local. I have seen in many medical ads too. From the Amazon Forest! What? Don't we have any good forests here? Nilgiris is one of the hills best known for its medicinal value. Well, it is the perception of the people and cannot be blamed.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Not sure. Whereever I am, i tend to buy local stuff.
    may sound wierd - but I prefer 'Made in India' tag before I buy.
    But I dont tend to find much of 'made in India' electronics !!??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I started the thread because I recently read an article that said Indian companies don't want to be identified as Indian. Of course there are exceptions.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    There are not much Made in India tags to electronic goods but they are much better than their equivalent Chinese goods

The main cause for this issue is that are minds have been brain washed by our IMPERIAL OVER LORDS of the yester years they have ruined not only our indigenous industries but also they removed our dependence in our own products

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can u plz suggest me some important topics about digital electronics..??????????/
I am using Dell inspiron series with 512 mb ATI Radeon card. It's been around 2.75 year without a single problem at all, but Recently my laptop busted and I...
I am Nizam Uddin. I am from Bangladesh. I am studying EEE at Stamford University Bangladesh. I want to say hello to all of you.
Lenovo's latest offering in the Chinese market is its Dual-SIM A660 Mid-Range Android powered smartphone, and is the company's first water-proof and IP67 certified handset. ​ It features a 4"...
Currently I am studying 'Op-amps and linear integrated circuits'. I read about voltage-series feedback amplifier, voltage-shunt feedback amplifier, current-series feedback amplifier, current-shunt feedback amplifier, voltage follower, voltage emitter. I want...