Do I need Enginering degree for getting job after CCNA?

Hi
I am doing CCNA from NIIT.I am from Kolkata ,India .I have B.Sc.(Pure Science) which I passed in 1998 & a MBA(marketing) from SMU.I have long gaps in my career.I worked in pharma sales for few years but I left it in 2010 as I was dejected with the job profile.I have around 4 yrs exp in that field. I recently completed my MBA from SMU(2010-2012).But I made a mistake of not specializing in IT.I made many mistakes in the past too like not joining in Polytechnic in 1995 even after cracking poly entrance exam conducted by State Tech education,WB,leaving a full-time MBA in 2003 due to ragging.
Now I am frustrated and feel like committing suicide.I am alone and depressed. I went to a local NIIT center & they told me to do CCNA.I am clueless as to what it will lead me too.I dont know whether I can get a job at this age(I am 35 yo).Also I dont see much jobs in my city where I live.
Plz advice me whether CCNA is a good choice?
Some tell me I should do SAP (SD module).But its so costly & my parents are out of money & I dont have any savings too.I dont want to waste any more of my fathers money.Plz dont tell me i should go back to sales as I dont like that profession. As I said by mistake I did that MBA in Marketing because of wrong counselling by the SMU center receptionist( they call them counsellors !!)
Pzl give me some good advice.
Thanks in advance

p.s.: Sorry I am not an engineer but I still joined this forum.I dont whether it is illegal.Plz forgive me if i am wrong.I thought this forum can help me out of this mess i am in.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You seem to be wrapped in negative thoughts because things aren't happening the way you'd like them to. Such situations are difficult to handle, but there's no point in feeling defeated or nervous. Bad times come and go and that's a fact of life. So first thing, which is incredibly difficult, is to calm your brain.

I see that you've opted for the courses or trainings based on what others have advised to you. I firmly believe that's not a right thing to do. People will always tell you what 'they' think is right. But the best answers can come only from within you.

The best thing to do in such a situation is to sit down and write down what you've in your bag :-
    1. A degree in science
    2. MBA
    3. Experience in sales & marketing
    The next thing is to figure out where your interests lies. Now if that pops up the thought "my interests don't pay the bills" then hold on for a minute. By interests, I mean - first narrow down the domain in which you wish to make a career. Don't ask others what you should do. Only you'd know the right answers.

Then figure out whether networking fits in the path you wish to take. If it does, find out whether there are companies that recruit candidates only on the basis of the certificate.

There's no point in wasting money on certificates if the companies are hiring only engineers. The trend is changing and the stream of graduation doesn't hold any importance anymore.

Move to other city where there are plenty of jobs in the domain you're looking for. Join a smaller company that's willing to recruit you on the basis of what you posses and excel in your work. Ultimately, it's your 'work' & 'experience' that's going to count.

Once you build some experience in the domain of your choice, you can apply for the bigger companies that you aim for.

Bottom Line: Don't ask people which course you should do. It may not be the best choice for you.
  • p1xel
    p1xel
    Ok.Thanks Admin for advising me.But since you all from the IT field can you plz tell me whether SAP will be better or CCNA?
    I regret ,I cant do engineering at this age.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You basically ignored my post. What are the parameters you wish to judge SAP and CCNA? They are two entirely different domains. Each offers different opportunities and job profiles.
  • p1xel
    p1xel
    The_Big_K
    You basically ignored my post. What are the parameters you wish to judge SAP and CCNA? They are two entirely different domains. Each offers different opportunities and job profiles.
    Well money/pay is obviously a concern.I want a good career

Hello Admin,
    why cant i edit my posts?? 😔

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi 😀 I am Partho from Kolkata,India.I am not an engineer but I am interested in asking questions about Networking and IT. Hope I am welcome here!
I need to apply data mining technique in banking fraud detection. Please help me in this field.
hi hello All, i have a doubt in basis that is what will happen to electrons(current) that flowing in devices once after stopped either that produced by battery or from...
hello, sir,i am a team lead in tcs testimony team but my one of the team members is a another team lead. so confirmation of team could not be done....
Hi, I am an "oldie" from the UK construction industry. Its time for me to stop but I cant, instead of pulling on my slippers and cardigan, I pull on...