Do Employees Enjoy Corporate Politics?

I sometimes think that people actually enjoy corporate politics, insanity at work and cribbing about it almost every day. It gives them something to talk about apart from work.

Now, you might think "How can anyone really enjoy corporate politics?". Even I used to think the same. But after hearing lot of my friends crib about how insane their manager is and how their projects mates play politics for appraisals and salary raises; I've come to a conclusion that people actually enjoy the whole thing. It gives them some enjoyment at work and also something to talk about apart from their work.

That's why people seldom do anything about it. Few of my friends have been 'hating' their jobs since long; but they haven't done anything about it. They know that going to a new company will give them a new set of people, but the politics thing will continue. So they have made it a way of their corporate life.

What do you think?

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    It's the flexible corporate life style, managers are open-minded & somehow crazy either in their life style or business style, it gives them the adventure experience which can be a great motivation to go work everyday & innovate or whatever their job do it very well.

"People need a cause", Steve Jobs.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    actually this happens,if you try to avoid then it can't .i have attended a session called "launchpad".there i get to know people made a video tape of your image in mind .and delivered from one to other .the real example i have seen in my office.but it should be avoided as makes the office culture vulnerable
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I hate politics!
    I dont enjoy even talking , If I am posting something about it then it means that I suffered a lot from it!
    I dont play politics , I just want justice for all :?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ ES -- relaxxxxxxx

any ways, yes, cooperate politics is a kinda entertainment for many. May be it helps them vent out their frustrations and blame someone else for something which has gone wrong thinking about it- it as well might induce the ' I am good, I don't play politics ' feeling in them ?!
    Nevertheless, playing politics is a complete different ball game than mere talking about it.
    Its same as Gossip right? you don't have guts to face the 'victim' and confront, but you still enjoy talking about (s)he. But what's the whole point of it - I never got a clue :-|

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am an instrumentation engineering student i need some good projects... please help me... mail me to
hi friends,i want to learn matlab, plz help me what should i do for this
Hullo friends. I want to make a navigation system for the blind using RFID tags. Like they will have a RFID reader with them and can easily access the information...
plz any one explain what are the components used at the cell phone reciever? and which type of antenna is used in the mobiles..
i have an idea please help me to do this.. the idea is to detect the illegal power using from house lines. this may helpful to government