Do-160

Hi guys,
I've question regarding the Vibration Section of DO-160. The document states that, in addition to the demonstration that the natural frequency of the component has not changed at the end of tests and the tested component would still be able to meet its performance standards, it must shown that no structural failure has occurred. Could anyone tell me if would be considered acceptable to have a cracking propagating during the vibration test but not sufficient to change component's natural frequency nor affect its ability to meet its performance standards ? Additionally, considering that the vibration testing would concentrate the vibration levels that component would be subjected to during its entire life in a 3 hour test period, would be acceptable to replace, during the tests, a deteriorated bushing or seal due the exaggerated effects of the vibration and continue the testing ? I would appreciate your help on this.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We find many people around us who are jumping in to business because they got thrown out of jobs due to recession. Then there are also many who are tired...
Entrepreneurship is all about being undecided, but then you have to choose wisely. There is no better alternative to being on the right time, at the right place. But then,...
You can download the GATE 2008 Question paper here:
How about a contest on CE that will involve calling for ideas from engineers-turned-entrepreneurs OR engineering-students-with-innovative-concepts for tech-ideas that can be turned into full-fledged businesses? We will have to decide...
You can download the GATE 2009 Question paper here:​