DNA Based Programmable Electrical Circuits Move Closer To Reality - Molecular Electronics To Benefit

With the advent of miniaturization, over the last few decades, our machines have become smaller and smaller. The computer scientists of our times have been successful so far in reducing the size of our laptops and smartphones in such a way that they accommodate superior performance in a really tiny space. What they haven't been able to accomplish is reducing the distance between transistors, that can pave way the way for furthering the limits for the future development of our machines. Here in comes into picture an advanced form of circuits under a new branch called "Molecular electronics". Using molecular electronics, researchers want to solve the miniaturization challenge by making use of molecules to fabricate electronic components.

In nature, it's only the DNA Molecules that could be pre-designed to self-assemble into complex miniature circuits that form the foundation of our computers. To achieve that, the researchers need to demonstrate flow of electrical current through the long DNA molecules. With that background in mind, what an international group of researchers have come up with is remarkably awesome and the most significant breakthrough in the field of molecular electronics.

Electrical-Circuits-DNA_Danny_Porathweb
Prof. Danny Porath​

Led by Prof. Danny Porath, Professor in Molecular Biomedicine at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, the research team has been able to demonstrate quantitative measurements of electricity flow through long molecules made of four single G-quadruplex DNA strands. Their results are reproducible and Prof. Porath believes that they could serve as the basis for DNA based programmable circuits that lead to a more sophisticated, cheaper and simpler to make computers of the future.

What are your thoughts on the DNA based computer circuits? Share your opinions and views through comments section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• micheal john
    micheal john
    This is a revolutionary invention

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We are on the top of human life. We are not ready to face any small difficulties in our dally life. Each day new company launch the sophisticated product for...
completed my mechanical engg. in 2011 from SOME engg. college with very bad acdemic performance....due to some reasons i could not join a job at that time..what are my chances...
Hi everryone, Myself Sandeep.Bavanasi, i am Master graduate from Advance Manufacturing Systems, looking for own Entrepreneur in and around Pune. Being Mechanical Engineer I Want to utilize my education principles...
Greetings everyone... i am BSC IT graduate 2013 pass out... out of presher from relatives ,parents had to look for job just after my graduation. so i took CCNA +...
Its been few days Google launched its new Inbox by Gmail app. However, Google still offers invite-only access to the app. There's still a way to access this app, with...