Distributing Free SIM Cards?

Today while returning from my college, I saw a stall that distributing various SIM Cards freely; some with proofs and even some without proofs. They contains some amount of balance, free message offer and life time validity etc etc. Most of people are taking those and using until the given balance is over and after that the cards will be in dust bins. Why the mobile companies are doing these kind of things? So Bad.

What do you say?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Haha! The telecom version of "free food samples". As such, people can abuse that I suppose.
  • slugger
    slugger
    Had some friends in college who gave out their new cell numbers every week or two ๐Ÿ˜€

Address verification is any way a farce here - and now this. What would stop a terrorist from from using one such sim card to trigger an explosion - who would you track down the SIM to? Competition is pushing companies to do engage in activities that will end up endangering the already crappy security situation here
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    ash
    Haha! The telecom version of "free food samples". As such, people can abuse that I suppose.
    Ha ha! free food samples. ๐Ÿ˜€ Is it a kind of advertising?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yeah Slugger thats correct!
    IF free sims are given that would result in a big security issue.
    Already we have a crap security!
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    Competition.. I saw reliance and Airtel giving free sims. One only need to give a xerox of ID proof
  • vicky_mailzone
    vicky_mailzone
    Its very interisting Question That u have asked.
    Telecom Companies do this type of stuff for increasing their customers as well as to attract & lure the faithfull customers of other companies.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    @ Guttu : Airtel! Can't believe this.

@ vicky : To increase the customers! But what's the use. People wont use them as their permanent numbers. Just they are attracted to free balance and free offers. After the completion of the offers, they no longer use them.

And thats why, the terrorists using lots and lots of sims.
    TRAI should take severe action against this.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Here In NCR a case happened,so Police blaming the shopkeepers,Now most of the shopkeepers stopped to sell Prepaid SIM
  • Suriyanarayan
    Suriyanarayan
    nice question SP.
    Whatever the field only thing that drives everyone is facing the stiff competition from others. so to withstand in the market every maker will do whatever their rivals do.
    We as consumers can make use of it as long as they are giving it as free one.
    but i also accept the fact that it will create a big security issue.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    heard that the dealers get paid for activating the cards and also that they steal proofs and sell the fake proofs for higher price.
    its a national security issue.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi.. pl suggest any innovative project for ece final yr that is easy and interesting!!
hey , i want to know the value of voltage that can be got from a human voice signal? it would be better if you also help me with the...
What will be the height of a pole made up of all the millimetre cubes in one cubic metre, if placed one on top of another ? ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’
In my neighbourhood lives a man who weighs 200 pounds. He has two sons. They both weigh 100 pounds each. On a festival day they decide to go across the...
Suspect Name: My name is Izhar! But.. iAstro will do! ๐Ÿ˜€ Suspect's Learning Field: Electronics & Telecommunication! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Tracked Location: Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India! Suspect's Occupation: I'm currently a student. Diploma...