CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@jaydipst • 09 Sep, 2007
Can any one give me authentic and sure shot information on the minimum distance between towers of two different service providers.
Is there any such criteria
@c00lesh • 09 Sep, 2007 The distance between two towers of different service provider is rougly around 200m-300m.
@Rocker • 09 Sep, 2007
c00lesh
The distance between two towers of different service provider is rougly around 200m-300m.
I think it mainly depends on the range that each tower provides around itself. Telecom engineers may want to add details to this discussion !!
@Ashraf HZ • 09 Sep, 2007 At some places where constructing a tower is too expensive like in the city centre, one service provider can actually "rent" an existing tower from a competitor. This saves costs overall. Basically both share one tower 😀

As for two different towers, Im not sure yet. I dont think it matters.. theoretically, an overlapping of towers (hence cell zones) should provide better coverage, just that different service providers would use different code accesses. hmm..
@ambuja 28 • 20 Sep, 2007 i think the gap is minimum.beacause for the tower of one network signal is encrypted so the signal of other tower can`t overlap with each other
4.1k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Jul 13, 2011

1]What is the use of heuristic functions? 2]Define artificial intelligence. 3)How to improve the effectiveness of a search based problem solving technique? 4]What is a constraint satisfaction problem? 5]What is...
2.2k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jan 9, 2016

BHEL or Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited is the a power plant equipment manufacturer under Government of India. Their manufacturing facilities (factories) are located in various cities across India, including -Jagdishpur,...
71.8k views

@tarik · Jul 10, 2008

resp siri m final year student of INSTRUMENTATION and CONTROL. I m looking 4 a latest technology seminar topic mst b related 2 my field.no matter hw tough it is...
2k views

@Ankita Katdare · Feb 6, 2014

Mahindra & Mahindra Limited has launched a ravishing new Electric Car called 'Halo' at the Auto Expo in Delhi, India. Mahindra Halo has made a big bang entry as the...
3.1k views

@Prasanth G · Feb 14, 2013

can any one suggest a good name for civil department (women's college) tech fest.
2.8k views