CrazyEngineers
  • I'm searching for Displayport (thunderbolt) to HDMI adapters & cables and surprised to see the difference in the prices of these adapters available on various websites. Some of them are selling them for Rs. 900 - 950 and others are selling them for about Rs. 2000.

I'm curious to know why is the price difference? Are these adapters technically different? If yes, how? Are all of them capable of carrying audio & video?

displayport-hdmi
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberNov 7, 2013

All of 'em mini-HDMI to HDMI adapters are technically same. The one with 900-950 INR would probably be chinese product & other one would be trustworthy chinese product 😉
    Both can deliver audio & video at same rate.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorNov 7, 2013

I see. Can someone confirm that the number of pins in the cheaper and dearer cables is the same and it doesn't affect data transfer rate or anything else?
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorNov 15, 2013

Anyone?
    Cancel
  • Anand Tamariya

MemberNov 15, 2013

It's not the number of pins that is different, it's the quality of metal and insulation - both from Electro-magnetic inteference perspective as well as longevity perspective.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorNov 16, 2013

Thank you @#-Link-Snipped-#. Do you think it's worth paying for the quality of metal and insulation? The prices are almost double!
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberNov 16, 2013

Age of the product is going to be determined by the quality f insulation you are using here.

If you are going to remove the cable frequently and use then go for a branded one otherwise it is not worthy as the quality will be the same in both the products
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register