Dislike tags links being randomly added to my posts

I dislike how the CrazyEngineers website has started converting words in posts to links to a tags page, like:
www.crazyengineers.com/tags/something/

I frequently add a link in my posts to lead the interested reader to the relevant site, especially for a Linux distro, like #-Link-Snipped-#. But the reader can't tell the difference between my links and the handful of tag links that are automatically thrown in. They distract.

See! a link to Linux was added in this post without my consent.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The tagging feature is like Wikipedia. If you want to distinguish your links; you could simply 'bold the text' or color it if you want.

Example:
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    is there any specific use to the forum if words are auto converted to links? sometimes too many keywords might make the post look spammy???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    is there any specific use to the forum if words are auto converted to links? sometimes too many keywords might make the post look spammy???
    We can remove the tags altogether; but they're great for content discovery. We may disable auto linking but would prefer to keep it on if it isn't a big problem.

An alternative would be to reduce the number of tags.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Let it be...

• lal
    lal
    sometimes the auto linkings don't make sense. For instance, if there is a word 'current' meaning 'present' in a post, it will be automatically linked to the electric current. Could that be fixed?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    lal
    sometimes the auto linkings don't make sense. For instance, if there is a word 'current' meaning 'present' in a post, it will be automatically linked to the electric current. Could that be fixed?
    also led is treated as Light Emitting Diode. I did informed about this to Biggie yesterday
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We can remove the tags that are most common. Can definitely be managed.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    User contrallability can be an option atleast for regular CEans When we start thread we know what actually is going to be there That will be more helpful

I am not sure wether all newbs will be able to use it well
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Can you give us some way to disable it per post?

Maybe disable it between [plain] and [/plain].
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I have removed several tags. There should be lesser linking now. You could have all your content within those markup tags but not sure if thats a better solution.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - Tag auto-links have been removed 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A few days ago I have given a employability Test AMCAT , and after declaration of result they sent me job oppurtunities and most of them were for the post...
Canon India, the digital imaging giant, today announced that launch of its first ultralight portable scanner image FORUMLA P-201 and CaptureOnTouch mobile app for easy scanning when on move. This...
Hi CEans , I had a chance to see a truck having more than one propeller shaft and my question related to it was though the propeller shaft is connected...
“Underwater internet!” Sounds alien? Not anymore. Researchers at University of Buffalo have been working on underwater wireless sensors that use TCP/IP (the common networking protocol for internet) and can transmit...
Hi can any one tell me how to pass a string as an argument in a funtion or a method of a class,and its further use in that method or...