Discussion on computer viruses

What exactly are they? can some one tell in detail about Malware and stuff like that
#-Link-Snipped-#

This sparked me to know more how will I be able to know if my computer is infecteed some tips will be more helpful

Replies

• manishks
    manishks
    malware is malicious software, generally created to disrupt computer operations and sometimes with an intent of obtaining sensitive informations. There's a difference in malware and defective software. Defective software are created for legitimate purpose but are unable to fullfill the requirements due to various possible reasons.
    If you suddenly find some new file with some weird names like 9a3f643...etc etc..there are chances that its created because of some virus. You should immediately scan your computer. One virus which infected my pc was recycler! I really had tough time while removing it.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    What about trojans
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    jeffrey samuel
    What about trojans
    Trojans do not infect the file like malware does. It steals the protected information or deletes that information so that a hacker or even other viruses can access that protected part!
    Normally, trojans eat up the firewall protection and hackers easily hack your IP
  • Banashree Patra
    Banashree Patra
    manishks
    malware is malicious software, generally created to disrupt computer operations and sometimes with an intent of obtaining sensitive informations. There's a difference in malware and defective software. Defective software are created for legitimate purpose but are unable to fullfill the requirements due to various possible reasons.
    If you suddenly find some new file with some weird names like 9a3f643...etc etc..there are chances that its created because of some virus. You should immediately scan your computer. One virus which infected my pc was recycler! I really had tough time while removing it.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    how did you remove this recycler virus---other than formatting. Because scanning computer with avg does not remove this virus.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Banashree Patra
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    how did you remove this recycler virus---other than formatting. Because scanning computer with avg does not remove this virus.
    There are many ways to remove Recycler Virus, :
    1. Manually deleting the virus containing folders using Safe Mode : This method involves using safe mode with command prompt using DOS commands, this method is little risky, so you must first get all steps ready before executing .
    2. Using Antivirus: Use an updated Norton Antivirus, I have tried and it removes the recycler virus.
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    rahul69
    1. Manually deleting the virus containing folders using Safe Mode : This method involves using safe mode with command prompt using DOS commands, this method is little risky, so you must first get all steps ready before executing .
    2. Using Antivirus: Use an updated Norton Antivirus, I have tried and it removes the recycler virus.
    "Manually deleting the virus containing folders using Safe Mode" Could you please describe this point in detail
    And also i am using avast 4.8 Avast anti virus, Is avast 4.8 is capable to delete recycler virus??
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    Can anybody give an idea that how viruses and malwares get copied to system from net or USB drive ?
    And how the code starts its own execution ??
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    safiajen0055
    "Manually deleting the virus containing folders using Safe Mode" Could you please describe this point in detail
    And also i am using avast 4.8 Avast anti virus, Is avast 4.8 is capable to delete recycler virus??
    This step involves use of safe mode with command prompt and should be done carefully, I personally would not recommend this, as a mistake may corrupt your OS, anyways here is the link for steps:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Regarding the Avast, I have not checked, but u can update it and check whether it does or not, I have checked Norton Antivirus trial version and after updating it, it can remove Recycler after scan.
    Also there are 3-4 variants of Recycler virus, I don't know the one which affected your PC, the steps given above are for the one that creates shortcuts of folders
  • Banashree Patra
    Banashree Patra
    rahul69
    #-Link-Snipped-#

can you explain more elaborately how to delete it manually.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Banashree Patra
    #-Link-Snipped-#

can you explain more elaborately how to delete it manually.
    I have already mentioned the link that describes the procedure😀.
  • manishks
    manishks
    i think..not every antivirus detects recycler! Yes norton does. But i used system restore fascility..😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    grsalvi
    Can anybody give an idea that how viruses and malwares get copied to system from net or USB drive ?
    And how the code starts its own execution ??
    Virus execution starts when you first trigger it by clicking on the viral link

It is like an infinite loop once you trigger it out they are impossible to be stopped with out anti virus

Some viruses which get downloaded from the Web if they had invaded the boot files of your system they get automatically installed and start their work the next time you boot your system they are the ones you are to watch out for the most
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    jeffrey samuel
    Virus execution starts when you first trigger it by clicking on the viral link

It is like an infinite loop once you trigger it out they are impossible to be stopped with out anti virus

Some viruses which get downloaded from the Web if they had invaded the boot files of your system they get automatically installed and start their work the next time you boot your system they are the ones you are to watch out for the most
    But some viruses get triggered due to mouse motion made by us.How that is done ?
  • Chinu1
    Chinu1
    Some malware replicates itself until it fills up all obtainable space on your hard drive, turning your computer into an element. Other kinds corrupt data on your machine or make your computer unstable. A few will even attempt to use your e-mail programs to deal out the malicious code to everyone in your contacts list. And there's always the possibility a cracker -- that's a malicious hacker -- will use malware to get remote access to your computer.
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    rahul69
    This step involves use of safe mode with command prompt and should be done carefully, I personally would not recommend this, as a mistake may corrupt your OS, anyways here is the link for steps:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Regarding the Avast, I have not checked, but u can update it and check whether it does or not, I have checked Norton Antivirus trial version and after updating it, it can remove Recycler after scan.
    Also there are 3-4 variants of Recycler virus, I don't know the one which affected your PC, the steps given above are for the one that creates shortcuts of folders
    Thanks a lot for elaborating the point....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What are the functions of the poles in an induction motor and how does increasing/decreasing their number change the operational characteristics of the motor?
as a civil engineering lets share our knowledge and grow togather
Latest edition of Absolute Zero Engineering Comics - Going from low, lower to the lowest! Check -
Dont sit like a rock Work like a clock